Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SECURE PASSWORDS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PRO TEM

PRO TEM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 11:26 PM
I may have asked this before , but can anyone advise on a robust password generator please.

Also whem placing the XR500 , What is the main consideration ,in my case i want to place it on a 1.4m high bookcase in the middle of the hallway near the stairs, is that about right

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,825 posts

Can't advise on password generator.

Regarding placement, I believe it's actually better to have it closer to the floor but don't quote me on that. As long as its not on a surface that would obstruct the vents and cause it to overheat then you should be good.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,592 posts
  • LocationNear Manchester

I think 1 pass will do what you want for anything. I don't use it  I know you have 1 password that you give it then it creates randomised passwords for everything that needs a password.   https://1password.com/

The best place to put any router is in a central location in the house (if possible). Mine is on a small set of drawers at the side of my workstation smack in the middle of my home on the ground floor! I have full coverage throughout and in the garden.

Posted Image Posted Image

PRO TEM

PRO TEM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
Many thanks both, for your words of advice, sorry that i didnt reply sooner , as Wife was rushed to Hospital, so was otherwise occupied

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,825 posts

We wish your wife the best, hope its nothing too serious

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users