Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

XR500 behind AT&T Fiber Modem/Gateway

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

TheDude2850

TheDude2850

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Local time: 03:57 AM

I'm looking at getting AT&T Fiber but would obviously want to continue using my XR500.  AT&T forces you to use their modem/gateway, but it appears you can use the XR500 behind the AT&T gateway.  Does anybody have this setup?  Any downsides or loss of functionality of the software?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts
  • Local time: 08:57 AM

I would recommend putting the gateway in modem mode or putting the XR500 in it's DMZ and disabling it's WiFi. Connect all devices to the XR500 and everything will function optimally.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

TheDude2850

TheDude2850

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Local time: 03:57 AM

I would recommend putting the gateway in modem mode or putting the XR500 in it's DMZ and disabling it's WiFi. Connect all devices to the XR500 and everything will function optimally.

Cool, gonna give it a shot.  Hopefully fairly easy to get all that setup, but we'll see.  I'll reply back if I'm spinning my wheels.

Alex49H

Alex49H

Netduma Cheerleader

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Local time: 12:57 AM
  • LocationUSA - Southern California

There are post's somewhere here in the forums, I used to have AT&T too, but dsl and not fiber because they don't offer it here in my area. It's not all that difficult to set up.

Alex49H

DarkCentauri777

DarkCentauri777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Local time: 02:57 AM

This link, though for an older gateway, is how I have my Gigabit service setup http://www.dslreports.com/faq/17734

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users