Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Where is the new firmware update for XR500?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

mitja1980

mitja1980

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Local time: 11:45 PM
  • LocationSlovenia

So where is it. It's been like 2 months from the last update and now nothing with new old features that should be here from the beggining.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,567 posts
  • Local time: 10:45 PM

Cloud update has just been released for the XR500 so you can flush the cloud to get that updated. Then the new firmware will be later this month I believe, we're trying to identify the fix for a disconnect issue some people have been having so I think that is why it has been slightly delayed. Also the VPN Hybrid is undergoing testing now.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

World Clock

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - 2am BST

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

azleb

azleb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Local time: 07:15 AM

Cloud update has just been released for the XR500 so you can flush the cloud to get that updated. Then the new firmware will be later this month I believe, we're trying to identify the fix for a disconnect issue some people have been having so I think that is why it has been slightly delayed. Also the VPN Hybrid is undergoing testing now.

Is there a way to push the cloud update?

Whitmow

Whitmow

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
hyperthetical / silly question
I really should know the answer to this , but if you download the firmware update say for the first time in lets say November this year , does said update carry all the updates that have gone before, or would the previous ones need downloaded individually

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,567 posts

Is there a way to push the cloud update?

Yes flush the cloud in the Geo-Filter Map settings, go to another R-App then go back to the Geo-Filter. If you can see Unreal Engine (Fornite, PUBG, etc) as a service if you select a non console device then it has worked.

World Clock

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,567 posts

hyperthetical / silly question
I really should know the answer to this , but if you download the firmware update say for the first time in lets say November this year , does said update carry all the updates that have gone before, or would the previous ones need downloaded individually

It includes everything from the previous firmware. Each firmware builds on the last etc.

World Clock

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

hi Fraser. Will we be able to block dedicated servers as well?

Whitmow

Whitmow

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Thanks fraser , so what your describing then is a living document
good oh

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,567 posts

hi Fraser. Will we be able to block dedicated servers as well?

Yes thats in the upcoming firmware!

World Clock

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

coolio

TheDude2850

TheDude2850

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Local time: 05:45 PM

edit:  NVM

Dioler

Dioler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 11:45 PM
Hi all, and the ping assist is going to be released in this firmware? Anya dates? Thanks!

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 616 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

Hi all, and the ping assist is going to be released in this firmware? Anya dates? Thanks!

Hi Dioler - ping assist won't be in the next one but it's at the top of our roadmap so it should be one of the next updates. Can't give an ETA as a lot depends on testing etc.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users