Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Xbox One - Double NAT Detected

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Jetset57

Jetset57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

I'm using an R1 router with the ZyXEL C3000Z DSL modem (CenturyLink).

This is what my Xbox One lists under Current Network Status:

Wired

IPv4

NAT Type: Moderate

Double NAT detected

I've forwarded all necessary ports and I've placed the console into DMZ mode to no avail. I'm at a bit of a loss at what to do. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

pollutionblues

pollutionblues

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,090 posts
  • Local time: 01:37 PM
  • LocationOuter Hebrides

Wired
IPv4
Double NAT detected

I've forwarded all necessary ports and I've placed the console into DMZ mode to no avail. I'm at a bit of a loss at what to do. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum

You need to put the R1s WAN IP into DMZ on your ZyXEL

Here is a guide on getting an open NAT.

http://support.netdu...-i-open-my-nat-
The family that slays together stays together

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,682 posts

Wired

IPv4

Double NAT detected

Hi, welcome to the forum! I'd recommend the suggestion above, it should hopefully resolve this issue. Please let us know how you get on :)

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Jetset57

Jetset57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

You need to put the R1s WAN IP into DMZ on your ZyXEL

This worked initially; The console and games had an Open NAT... But today I noticed that the console is now in a Strict NAT type and I've no idea why. No settings were changed.

Just to clarify, I shouldn't need to port forward in the ZyXEL interface if I am port forwarding in the Netduma interface right?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts

As long as the R1 is in the DMZ then no further action needs to be done on the Zyxel interface, except perhaps disabling it's UPnP and any current port forwarding rules present on it. The Strict NAT is likely caused by the Geo-Filter being enabled (doesn't mean you have a strict NAT just that the Geo-Filter is blocking the server it uses to read the NAT status). Disable the Geo-Filter then enable when you're on the game itself, should then see an open NAT.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Jetset57

Jetset57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

As long as the R1 is in the DMZ then no further action needs to be done on the Zyxel interface, except perhaps disabling it's UPnP and any current port forwarding rules present on it. The Strict NAT is likely caused by the Geo-Filter being enabled (doesn't mean you have a strict NAT just that the Geo-Filter is blocking the server it uses to read the NAT status). Disable the Geo-Filter then enable when you're on the game itself, should then see an open NAT.

I've done everything you've suggested, but I've now reached the odd dilemma in which my Xbox One's network settings still show Strict NAT and Double NAT Detected, but every game I've tried shows an Open NAT.

So... Is my console actually in an Open NAT state right now, but it's just displaying the incorrect NAT status?

Edit: Games are now showing moderate NAT, console is showing Strict. How fun.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,682 posts

I've done everything you've suggested, but I've now reached the odd dilemma in which my Xbox One's network settings still show Strict NAT and Double NAT Detected, but every game I've tried shows an Open NAT.

So... Is my console actually in an Open NAT state right now, but it's just displaying the incorrect NAT status?

Edit: Games are now showing moderate NAT, console is showing Strict. How fun.

Since this is an Xbox One issue you could try this solution:

- Go to Xbox dashboard.
- Go to system settings
- Go to network
- Go to advanced settings
- Go to alternate MAC address Clear
- Your Xbox will tell you It will restart.
- Once you have restarted the NAT type should be open.

Originally this guide was for unavailable NAT types, though it could work in this case as well. Please let us know if that helps.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users