No internet connection

My netduma isn’t connecting to the internet and of course with that I can’t open the host filter screen. Tried the reset button in the back and unplugged it for over 24hrs. I can see the WiFi connection and can connect to it but still no internet connection. I have no clue of what else I can do, so can you please try to help me solve what the issue is? Thank you.

My netduma isn’t connecting to the internet and of course with that I can’t open the host filter screen. Tried the reset button in the back and unplugged it for over 24hrs. I can see the WiFi connection and can connect to it but still no internet connection. I have no clue of what else I can do, so can you please try to help me solve what the issue is? Thank you.

Can you give a few more details to help us diagnose your issue please? How do you have everything connected? i.e. modem > Netduma > all devices or  ISP router > Netduma > all devices or another configuration? Do you see a WAN IP Address in Device Manager of the Netduma?

• Administrators

Hi Carpenter - please could you provide answers to Blues question above as that will really help us fix your issue.

Also - does your modem still have Internet? In other words, is the no internet issue definitely just limited to the R1?

Thanks.

How do you have everything connected? i.e. modem > Netduma > all devices > Netduma

Do you see a WAN IP Address in Device Manager of the Netduma? Can not open netduma page at all.

Also - does your modem still have Internet? In other words, is the no internet issue definitely just limited to the R1? Only netduma has no internet.

• Administrators

How do you have everything connected? i.e. modem > Netduma > all devices > Netduma

Do you see a WAN IP Address in Device Manager of the Netduma? Can not open netduma page at all.

Also - does your modem still have Internet? In other words, is the no internet issue definitely just limited to the R1? Only netduma has no internet.

Ok if you can't open the UI then it means you are not connected to the Netduma at all.

1. Try connecting to the R1 through WiFi and then go to 192.168.88.1 - does the UI screen open? 
  2. If not, could you try connecting a wire into the R1 and into your PC. Then go to 192.168.88.1 - does the UI open?
  3. If no, what LED lights are switched on the R1? (is it definitely powered on)

I have tried 1. And 2. of your suggestions.

The lights that are lit up on the top are the ones that have a line plugged in and also the little lights on the back are lit green.

Also the reset button doesn’t reset the box anymore.

Also when I did connect to the box through WiFi it showed connected status but with no internet connection.

Xfinity default gateway 10.0.0.1

xfinity gateway modem router combo,

Ok, you are not connected to the Netduma at all just now if the Default Gateway is your Xfinity.

Put your Xfinity combo into bridge mode.

Connect Xfinity combo to port 1 of the Netduma.

Do you have internet then?

• Administrators

The fact the lights are on is a good sign. It should just mean there is no hardware failure, just a setup issue.

Please could you do this please (basically the same as PollutionBlues suggestions):

1. Put your Xfinity combo into Bridge Mode
  2. Turn WiFi off on your PC
  3. Connect a wired cable into the R1 (e.g. port 4) and your PC or Laptop
  4. Open Command Prompt on your PC
  5. Type in ipconfig and press enter
  6. Look for the entry called 'IPv4 address' - what does the number say next to it? 
  7. Look for the entry called 'Default Gateway' - what does the number say next to it?

If the default gateway number is 192.168.88.1, what happens when you type this into your web browser? Can you now access the interface?

I put xfinity in bridge mode then connected R1 to xfinity and then connected a line from R1 to laptop.

No internet. Then typed in ipconfig in command prompt. IPv4 169.254.240.252

There is no number in default gateway.

I’ve had the same setup since I brought the netduma some years ago.

• Administrators

Usually when you get that IP above it means that you need to do a factory reset or that you disabled DHCP on the R1 and therefore your PC can't get an IP from the router because you haven't told it what to use. 

Follow this guide https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-to-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windowsand give your PC the static IP of 192.168.88.153 with gateway IP of 192.168.88.1 once you've set that confirm it's been changed by doing ipconfig again. Then try to access the interface, does that work?