High Priority Traffic Red Light on 24/7

Hello,

I have noticed since adding the Nanit Baby Monitor Camera to my network that it it always detected as high priority traffic under the DumaOS Classified Games traffic prioritization feature. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up so that maybe this can be corrected somehow.

• Administrators

Hi Wally, thanks for the heads up!

I couldn't find any information on the ports it uses, do you know by chance? 

As you have a baby you're likely very busy but if you get a chance would you be able to follow this guide to capture the baby monitor traffic? Then we can try to remove it from prioritization. If not no worries!

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/24394-want-to-help-classify-games-for-traffic-prioritization-look-here/

Fraser. I believe I am mistaken. I noticed the nanit was consistently uploading to its server so I assumed it was the culprit. I unplugged it and the red prioritized traffic light stayed on. I am trying to pinpoint the device that is causing this. Basically the red light stays on 24/7 and I always have reduced speeds due to the anti buffer bloat engaging always. I have a lot of devices on my network so it will take a while for me to pinpoint it

• Administrators

Could the fact that my PS4 pro is in rest mode and my Xbox one x is in quick turn on mode be causing this since they are not fully shut down?

Yes that is quite possible, especially if they are doing background updates or periodic check ins with the online services. It shouldn't affect your connection unless you see High Priority traffic updating very rapidly.

Well I have anti bufferbloat set to 70/70 when high priority traffic is detected. So I am only get 70% of my internet speed constantly. I’ll take some time today to get to the bottom of this and let you know what it was

Thanks

• Administrators

Okay great thanks. I do normally recommend having it set to 'Always' to ensure that you never experience any lag/buffering of videos online. The majority of the time you will not be making use of your full speeds 

• 2 months later...

Fraser,

totally forgot to update you on this.  i got this sorted out.  Looks like under network monitor, some of my Apple TVs, Rokus, and IP cameras were labeled as Playstation by default.  After changing the device type of the Apple TVs and Rokus to TV and the cameras to camera it seems to have made it so that my High Priority Traffic Detected red light is no longer on basically 24/7 and it is now working properly.

Thanks.