Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

High Priority Traffic Red Light on 24/7

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Wally173

Wally173

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • Local time: 05:54 PM
Hello,

I have noticed since adding the Nanit Baby Monitor Camera to my network that it it always detected as high priority traffic under the DumaOS Classified Games traffic prioritization feature. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up so that maybe this can be corrected somehow.

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationNear Manchester

I disable classified games and just create rules for a device that needs priority such as my ps4 or xb1.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,299 posts

Hi Wally, thanks for the heads up!

I couldn't find any information on the ports it uses, do you know by chance? 

As you have a baby you're likely very busy but if you get a chance would you be able to follow this guide to capture the baby monitor traffic? Then we can try to remove it from prioritization. If not no worries!

http://forum.netduma...tion-look-here/

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

World Clock

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - 2am BST

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Wally173

Wally173

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
Fraser. I believe I am mistaken. I noticed the nanit was consistently uploading to its server so I assumed it was the culprit. I unplugged it and the red prioritized traffic light stayed on. I am trying to pinpoint the device that is causing this. Basically the red light stays on 24/7 and I always have reduced speeds due to the anti buffer bloat engaging always. I have a lot of devices on my network so it will take a while for me to pinpoint it

Wally173

Wally173

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
Could the fact that my PS4 pro is in rest mode and my Xbox one x is in quick turn on mode be causing this since they are not fully shut down?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,299 posts

Could the fact that my PS4 pro is in rest mode and my Xbox one x is in quick turn on mode be causing this since they are not fully shut down?

Yes that is quite possible, especially if they are doing background updates or periodic check ins with the online services. It shouldn't affect your connection unless you see High Priority traffic updating very rapidly.

World Clock

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Wally173

Wally173

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
Well I have anti bufferbloat set to 70/70 when high priority traffic is detected. So I am only get 70% of my internet speed constantly. I’ll take some time today to get to the bottom of this and let you know what it was

Thanks

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,299 posts

Okay great thanks. I do normally recommend having it set to 'Always' to ensure that you never experience any lag/buffering of videos online. The majority of the time you will not be making use of your full speeds 

World Clock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users