Any tweaks to improve latency

Being a non techno guy I am running the xr500 with no adjustments in the advanced settings. But my ping tests are 35 vs 20 with the R1 since I received it a few weeks ago. I have a dedicated internet service for just playing COD. Anything I can tweak in advanced settings without too much hassle to improve my dsl numbers?

FYI, the r1 and xr500 are two different routers. I haven't gotten my xr500 yet but if its similar to the r1 then making adjustments with the qos is going to make the biggest difference. 

Sorry I can't help more than that but I'm sure the duma folks will respond soon. Good luck.

Hi Direink - where are you measuring your ping? Is it to a game server on the Geo-Filter?

As for best QoS settings, I would recommend:

1. Setting Anti-Bufferbloat to 'High Priority Traffic Detected' mode and 70% for both download and upload.
  2. Allocate 50% of your bandwidth to your Xbox One for both download and upload on Bandwidth Allocation
  3. Make sure 'DumaOS Classified Games' are checked in Traffic Prioritization and that the red light comes on in the Traffic Prioritization Information panel when you are playing CoD

If you have done all of those things you will have the optimal base setup for QoS. There's not really any settings in advanced that I would recommend changing (unless you have the wrong total bandwidth speeds set in Anti-Bufferbloat).

If you are seeing a difference after that it's probably just timing / fluctuations on the server you are pinging etc.

I have made all the recommended settings. I have a dedicated internet service strictly for my xbox1. When I do a dslreport on the xr500 with my laptop with this service it is all A's with ping at 15up 15 down. But when I run the test on a browser on xbox1 I get 30up 30 down. Nat is open and Ethernet connection. Is this just the suckie xbox1 and if so any ideas to improve the xbox1 to xr500 ping?

• Administrators

The Xbox One browser (but in general, console browsers) are not meant for everyday browsing or for extreme cases like a speed test. They lack the technology that a PC browser has like Java, Flash etc. This means that for speed tests using the browser you are highly unlikely to get accurate results if the site loads at all (don't believe speedtest.net would even load on the console browser). So just because you got those results via the browser doesn't mean you that your ping/speed is actually what it says on the console. When it comes to Xbox ping you want to focus on what the game ping actually is as this is what will determine your game's quality.