High ping when uploading on DSLReports

Like I said in my previous post, everyone's home network is different.The 70/70 we all recommend is a starting point (from the developer of the duma BTW)  but many find it to be a great setting.Others may have to set their sliders to say...50/80 or 30/90 etc.It all depends on your home network,your speeds,how clean your line is (jitter wise) from your ISP to your home and a variety of other factors.

You just need to keep tweaking your settings until you find what works for you, it's a pain in the ass but once you get a good reading then you'll have an idea of where your sliders need to be.But I would still flood my connection while your doing your DSL reports test.

I'm guessing that with your upload not being really high, it's fine as it doesn't take a lot of bandwidth to game on line and you got plenty.But when I had my dedicated gaming line it was 13/1 so I couldn't use say 50 percent on my sliders as it would give me a really bad BB and only allowed me to get into P2P matches.Just remember the sliders don't have to be even for example I use 60/80 right now and that gets me A to A+ on a consistent basis.

And if your not sure about your line quality as bags said download ping plotter and run it for a few hours,at peak time for your area and then overnight and post the results in this thread and we'll see what it looks like.You might have a line issue,finding people's issue with their set up is a process of elimination.Look at one think at a time and don't throw 25 variables into the mix as you'll never know what the actual issue is/was.

So download and run ping plotter and post the results so we can have a look.

Thanks for the advice. Im doing some test right now on Ping Plotter. Oh, one question, im from Ecuador and all the servers on DSLReports are obviosly far from my location and ping may be a little higher, that could be one of the reasons im getting poor results?

Try a ping plotter test please, it really will help us rule out any line issues before moving forward. Sorry but I'm probably gonna have to hit the hay soon, its 03.00 hrs here in the UK. 

Just as a point to mention "B" isn't that bad :)

30 Minutes interval.

post-8404-0-24768600-1490484251_thumb.png

Like I said in my previous post, everyone's home network is different.The 70/70 we all recommend is a starting point (from the developer of the duma BTW)  but many find it to be a great setting.Others may have to set their sliders to say...50/80 or 30/90 etc.It all depends on your home network,your speeds,how clean your line is (jitter wise) from your ISP to your home and a variety of other factors.

You just need to keep tweaking your settings until you find what works for you, it's a pain in the ass but once you get a good reading then you'll have an idea of where your sliders need to be.But I would still flood my connection while your doing your DSL reports test.

I'm guessing that with your upload not being really high, it's fine as it doesn't take a lot of bandwidth to game on line and you got plenty.But when I had my dedicated gaming line it was 13/1 so I couldn't use say 50 percent on my sliders as it would give me a really bad BB and only allowed me to get into P2P matches.Just remember the sliders don't have to be even for example I use 60/80 right now and that gets me A to A+ on a consistent basis.

And if your not sure about your line quality as bags said download ping plotter and run it for a few hours,at peak time for your area and then overnight and post the results in this thread and we'll see what it looks like.You might have a line issue,finding people's issue with their set up is a process of elimination.Look at one think at a time and don't throw 25 variables into the mix as you'll never know what the actual issue is/was.

So download and run ping plotter and post the results so we can have a look.

Just select google as a target with a 30 minutes interval.

post-8404-0-38936500-1490484301_thumb.png

Just figured that out. Could be because im doing that test on Google server? I live in Ecuador and im far from the server.

Yeah that's definitely not a good plot result as said above it can be higher but it should be more stable.

Can you try pinging something that is closer to you in Ecuador ? I don't know what's close to you there, twitter maybe ?

And maybe try swapping your cables from the duma to your modem out to eliminate that issue.You may have done this already but if not it's worth a try.

And you are doing the test hardwired to a computer correct ? Not wireless.

Yeah that's definitely not a good plot result as said above it can be higher but it should be more stable.

Can you try pinging something that is closer to you in Ecuador ? I don't know what's close to you there, twitter maybe ?

And maybe try swapping your cables from the duma to your modem out to eliminate that issue.You may have done this already but if not it's worth a try.

Wired conection. What else could be? The ISP? Im gonna try a closest server or an ecuadorian page.

Results with an ecuadorian webpage. Still bad.

post-8404-0-60837100-1490558264_thumb.png

That is not good mate, I would be on to your isp first thing in the morning. Do you know anybody in your area who you could ask to test their connection? Neighbour etc. You are not going to have much fun on a connection like that.

Sorry to say. 

That is not good mate, I would be on to your isp first thing in the morning. Do you know anybody in your area who you could ask to test their connection? Neighbour etc. You are not going to have much fun on a connection like that.

Sorry to say. 

Yes, i have one friend who lives near my location and have the same ISP. What exactly could that be to tell my ISP asap?

Send them a copy of the pic telling them that you have massive ping spikes and jitter with 20% packet loss. The problem you will have is that they will say its because ou are using a 3rd party router and not theirs so do not admit it. 

It is a pain to get them to admit the fault is with them but you will need to be persistent or know a gangsta and tell them they are your friend.

Don't take any shit from them and keep at them. you have the proof its their issue. 

Good luck. 

Maybe try googling who the best isp for your area is. 

Send them a copy of the pic telling them that you have massive ping spikes and jitter with 20% packet loss. The problem you will have is that they will say its because ou are using a 3rd party router and not theirs so do not admit it. 

It is a pain to get them to admit the fault is with them but you will need to be persistent or know a gangsta and tell them they are your friend.

Don't take any shit from them and keep at them. you have the proof its their issue. 

Good luck. 

Maybe try googling who the best isp for your area is. 

Sadly there are no more available ISPs in my area. Just did the same test with the Arris Docsis 3.0 cable modem that provide my ISP with the same poor results.

Sadly there are no more available ISPs in my area. Just did the same test with the Arris Docsis 3.0 cable modem that provide my ISP with the same poor results.

Thats crap man. So sorry to hear. But it does point to your ISP being the problem.

I don't know if the upcoming DUMAOS2 may include anything that might help lower jitter etc but if it does, Result.

Have you tried using your mobile phone as an access point and gaming on that. It may be better than your landline connection.

Other than that ask your ISP to change the filters in the box that comes into your property, they can fuck up after a couple of years. I had this issue and after replacement of filters it solved many issues. 

just throwing ideas out to try and help man.:)

Thats crap man. So sorry to hear. But it does point to your ISP being the problem.

I don't know if the upcoming DUMAOS2 may include anything that might help lower jitter etc but if it does, Result.

Have you tried using your mobile phone as an access point and gaming on that. It may be better than your landline connection.

Other than that ask your ISP to change the filters in the box that comes into your property, they can fuck up after a couple of years. I had this issue and after replacement of filters it solved many issues. 

just throwing ideas out to try and help man. :)

So i would complain about jitter, ping spikes and the packet loss? Just made a call to my ISP for support and they told me to do a simple test. Run + CMD + tracert www.google.com + hit enter the results are in the image. They told me if the packet loss is between the "step" 1 or 5 could be an ISP issue and  they told it is OK with no issues and the problem could the server im pinging and could be a background process in my PC that could be draining bandwith (something i really doubt about)

post-8404-0-32682000-1490624318_thumb.png

Told you they would be arseholes. Step 4,5,6 and 7 are all over 100ms so no that isn't acceptable. 

They always tell you to use the Run, CMD test but that only takes a test of that instance. the ping plotter test shows it over a longer period of time. Ask them if you can email it to their tech support department for them to have a look as your connection is in no way acceptable.