Fifa 17 Possible Settings to Reduce Input Delay

I play Fifa 17 and I believe the main cause of input delay is how the engine/game code handles a difference in ping response between opponents.  If your ping response is better than your opponents you will suffer input lag with severity increasing as the gap in ping response increase.

Suggested settings to try an mitigate Input Delay in Fifa Ultimate Team

In Host Filtering set your home in the ocean and set filter by distance at the absolute minimum (this might result in a few more games with the occasional real lag but at least that affects both players and has not been too common for me, results may vary)

Set Ping Assist to 10-15ms over your estimated ping response.

These setting will help match you up with people based on Ping rather than location. 

To get an estimating ping response

1. open cmd prompt on PC

2. type: ping easo.ea.com -n 20   (This will ping the server 20 times, you can adjust the number as desired)

This will give you an idea of your current ping

My avg ping response is 14 ms so I set my Ping Assist at 25m

This is still just a theory so if you could respond with your results we may be able to get to the bottom of this Input Delay Issuse

• Netduma Staff

Hey Magic, welcome to the forum; great advice, that's similar to how our CoD Ultimate profile works at the minute. Try checking out the Fifa 17 results Fraser posted, you might find that helpful too. http://forum.netduma.com/topic/19180-fifa-17-results/

We'd always encourage forum goers to post on the results page with advice :)

I play Fifa 17 and I believe the main cause of input delay is how the engine/game code handles a difference in ping response between opponents.  If your ping response is better than your opponents you will suffer input lag with severity increasing as the gap in ping response increase.

Suggested settings to try an mitigate Input Delay in Fifa Ultimate Team

In Host Filtering set your home in the ocean and set filter by distance at the absolute minimum (this might result in a few more games with the occasional real lag but at least that affects both players and has not been too common for me, results may vary)

Set Ping Assist to 10-15ms over your estimated ping response.

These setting will help match you up with people based on Ping rather than location. 

To get an estimating ping response

1. open cmd prompt on PC

2. type: ping easo.ea.com -n 20   (This will ping the server 20 times, you can adjust the number as desired)

This will give you an idea of your current ping

My avg ping response is 14 ms so I set my Ping Assist at 25m

This is still just a theory so if you could respond with your results we may be able to get to the bottom of this Input Delay Issuse

Where are you located? It is impossible to get a ping of 14ms if you live in the uk pinging a server in the UNITED STATES, I get 90 at best

That is why you get low pings to the EA Servers, but playing fut championships is different because if you play away matches you could come against somebody who is playing on a european server etc. I always think it is a good idea to play your matches at home, meaning you play on the nearest local dedi server.

That is why you get low pings to the EA Servers, but playing fut championships is different because if you play away matches you could come against somebody who is playing on a european server etc. I always think it is a good idea to play your matches at home, meaning you play on the nearest local dedi server.

EA should have a dedicated european server, if you are on the european server you are not playing someone who is connected to the Cali server.

The whole principal of a dedicated server as far as I understand it, is that it acts as the host, being home or away should not matter, the host determines the singular reality that both players see in game however due to non matching ping times, the way it is coded to handle that difference causes input delay for one player.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived