Destiny & 1.03.4

Guest Netduma_Iain

Guest Netduma_Iain

Destiny players,

Upgrade

Please make sure you are on v 1.03.4, upgrade using the instructions here: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_update

Cloud

In the cloud section in "Settings > Misc" make sure you have "autocloud" and "bleeding edge" ticked. Then click apply.

Strict Mode

In destiny you have two options, we recommend the first option:

• Disable strict mode, this will stop lobby booting. Then make your circle quite tight as you will see the best improvement so around 800km from your home.
  • Enable strict mode, this means you will get lobby booting. If you want to try this you'll need to make your circle much larger(like the size of a contient) for example the whole of EU 2500KM

We recommend having strict mode disabled, but if you are willing to accept lobby booting some people may prefer to have strict mode on. 

Please let us know how you get on. I'm here all week to listen to feedback and respond promptly.

Cheers

Iain

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok victor if you're still getting booted by tomorrow evening I'll make sure to jump in chat with you to find them. Did you tick the bleeding edge stuff? 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok let me know if its happening tomorrow(cloud may not have kicked in yet) and if so I'll jump in and find the culprit :D 

Hi mate just a little feedback

I have noticed a problem when having stricked of when we are matched with UK parties a lot of UK fireteam leaders are partying up with world wide players and this is not showing on the geo filter i would think this is because the party leader is from the UK. I had my geo set around 563 km with players pinging 300 to 800 within that geo and curiosly checked the red bar profiles to see they were country based a very long distance away.

Any thing that can be done about this?

• Administrators

Hi Jerry,

We've been looking into this. Destiny seems to have very weird Netcode. In that if all the players are UK and you need one more it will force the blocked player through a dedicated server. Which from a network point of view is genius. When a player goes through a Dedi he comes up red, so when you get in a game you'll find that the majority e.g. 5/6th will be in the filter but the last one will go through a dedi. If you disable the filter once in a game he will connect to you and stop being Red. Can you confirm this?

So the only way to force everyone in the Lobby to be in your filter is to avoid the dedicated servers. Only downside of this is you get lobby booting. It seems to me from doing an experiment on you guys the best option is to allow the dedis in but keep your filter very tight so nearly all players have a phenemonal connection other then the last one. Then maybe I could code something to auto open the NAT when it see's a dedi is being used.

What you think? 

Jerry if you're on 1.02.4 and have strict mode off you shouldn't get any lobby booting at all. Is this correct? 

Nah Iain  1.03.4 i dont get lobby booting with stricked off only when on.

• Administrators

I'd rather get everyone in at once mate, I'm actually working on other stuff at the moment.

Can we say 7pm GMT on Tuesday till 11pm. If anyone comes in chat then I'll be there to help :D

No probs Wednesday would be better for me and i prolly wont be on until after 8.45 pm ish or i can try tues but it will be 10pm at the latest.

I got this router because of GEO FILTERING. When you say untick strict mode what's the point of the router. I was able to get in high latency lobbies with out getting kicked way before NETDUMA lol!! If you guys work harder on fixing this problem instead of a work around SMH. Everyone would be happy! ;)

• Administrators

Ok should we do Wednesday instead then?

Nasty with strict mode off it filters all players except dedicated servers. This means you're getting very high percentage of players in your Geo-Filter which is amazing, in CoD only the host is inside the Geo-Filter so with Destiny you have the potential to be even better.

We just need to find the optimum settings hence why we need to play together on Wednesday night(GMT 7pm-11pm). If you can make it