NEED TO UPGRADE/SET UP DMZ Mode

- My current NETDUMA dashboard version says 1.03.3

- when i ran the Internet Diagnosis from your dashboard; Ping is good, Jitter is exceptional, Spikes exceptional, and no packet loss

- My setup is My ISP hub (at&t U-verse 2WIRE Gateway modem > R1 > (1) Wired Laptop, Xbox 360, Xbox 360, (5) cellular phones, Laptop, and an Xbox one [all wireless unless stated Wired; will be wireing Xbox One soon]

- have been experienceing moderate/Strict Nat Type issues and connection to online services occasionaly on all consoles in my house, but im afraid this is due to my ISP router not being in DMZ mode

Love you product #DUMAarmy hope to hear back from you soon, your loyal FanBoy, ChickenJoe, Michael Lawrence

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to be able to set up DMZ mode because the support thread ( https://support.8x8.com/uk/node/312 ) does not explain to me how to set up my stand alone router (NETDUMA) to turn on DHCP, which is required to connect the 2-wire gateway router to the NETDUMA, please post a thread or forum from NETDUMA on how I can accomplish this. I searched NETDUMA forums on how to set up DHCP mode to connect to my existing AT&T router and not found a single thread yet that is of any help to me. Thank you again for the support and I cant wait to have my NETDUMA fully functional in my home. It has been tough love so far with my family about using the NETDUMA because of all of the issues and technicalities of it so far because they are simply not patient nor technologically intelligent enough to do this themselves but I keep telling them with my gaming and their constant use of the internet and streaming that the NETDUMA is our gateway to everyone's happiness, don't let me be wrong, LOL. thanks again #DUMAarmy, hope to hear from you soon, ChickenJoe, Michael Lawrence

I don't now if I should be posting updates here or in a new forum, but I have found out in the next month we will be changing Internet Service Providers because we are going to be moving. We will be changing over to Xfinity (Comcast) at our new house and now I am now curious as to if I should endure with the issues until the move and change of ISP's or should I try to accomplish to Upgrade before the move??? PLEASE HELP :unsure:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :wacko:   :blink:  :blink:

• 1 month later...

I have finally bridged and managed to get complete DMZ on my R1.

NEED UPDATE ASAP, MY REQUIREMENTS ARE TICKED ON THE R1!!! :D

Make sure you've posted in the 'Upgrade thread' too - then Fraser will definitely see

• Administrators

I have finally bridged and managed to get complete DMZ on my R1.

NEED UPDATE ASAP, MY REQUIREMENTS ARE TICKED ON THE R1!!! :D

Great to hear that! Post here and we can check your router http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11018-major-netduma-upgrade-now-available-v-1036/page-39

Chickenjoe, How did you end up configuring DMZ? I have a 2wire/ATT router, and I could never get my netduma into my isp's DMZ mode, I have since found a way around DMZ, by opening ports, but DMZ mode would be better.

Mine is a Pace router, without IP passthrough. So the configuration is different, I had a tech come out and run a new direct line straight to my router (we don't have a land line anyway only cell). DMZ still will not work, but I opened a range of ports and everything works great with no issues for over a week. My old router was constantly resetting throughout the day, and the new one has been on since last Monday. I did let AT&T know that if I have issues with this one, I want a NVG589.

Archived