The thread did not help me setup the netduma... please help

I have yet to be able to set up DMZ mode because the support thread ( https://support.8x8.com/uk/node/312) does not explain to me how to set up my stand alone router (NETDUMA) to turn on DHCP, which is required to connect the 2-wire gateway router to the NETDUMA, please post a thread or forum from NETDUMA on how I can accomplish this. I searched NETDUMA forums on how to set up DHCP mode to connect to my existing AT&T router and not found a single thread yet that is of any help to me. Thank you again for the support and I cant wait to have my NETDUMA fully functional in my home. It has been tough love so far with my family about using the NETDUMA because of all of the issues and technicalities of it so far because they are simply not patient nor technologically intelligent enough to do this themselves but I keep telling them with my gaming and their constant use of the internet and streaming that the NETDUMA is our gateway to everyone's happiness, don't let me be wrong, LOL. thanks again #DUMAarmy, hope to hear from you soon, ChickenJoe, Michael Lawrence

This might help you, you need to give more info about  your router model, etc.

I switching from cable to Uverse myself on Wednesday. I'm going to be looking for the same type of information too.

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/17734

https://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=23697

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/511-how-to-dmz-r1-on-uverse/

There is no true bridge mode on the 2Wire routers. However, you can still configure it such that almost all functions of your own router will work properly.

1. Set your router's WAN interface to get an IP address via DHCP. This is required at first so that the 2Wire recognizes your router.

2. Plug your router's WAN interface to one of the 2Wire's LAN interfaces.

3. Restart your router, let it get an IP address via DHCP.

4. Log into the 2Wire router's interface. Go to Settings -> Firewall -> Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ

5. Select your router under section (1).

6. Click the DMZPlus button under section (2).

7. Click the Save button.

8. Restart your router, when it gets an address via DHCP again, it will be the public outside IP address. At this point, you can leave your router in DHCP mode (make sure the firewall on your router allows the DHCP renewal packets, which will occur every 10 minutes), or you can change your router's IP address assignment on the WAN interface to static, and use the same settings it received via DHCP.

9. On the 2Wire router, go to Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration

10. Uncheck the following: Stealth Mode, Block Ping, Strict UDP Session Control.

11. Check everything under Outbound Protocol Control except NetBIOS.

12. Uncheck NetBIOS under Inbound Protocol Control.

13. Uncheck all the Attack Detection checkboxes (7 of them).

14. Click Save.

Your router should now be able to route as if the 2Wire was a straight bridge, for the most part.

• 3 weeks later...

@Frank1144 thank you so much for the support.. sadly i didnt set it up before we moved and after the move and while setting up the Internet at the new house thw at&t guy said our 2wore router was out-of-date and gave us a newer router

Its AT&T's Arris routermodel #NVG589

Im going to do what the youtube video had provided me with on this router and see if it makes the difference. Cant be much different, right?

I used this video to set up the same router your have. Uverse initially gave me an older model router. So yes you are on the right track.

@Frank1144 thank you so much for the support.. sadly i didnt set it up before we moved and after the move and while setting up the Internet at the new house thw at&t guy said our 2wore router was out-of-date and gave us a newer router

Its AT&T's Arris routermodel #NVG589

Im going to do what the youtube video had provided me with on this router and see if it makes the difference. Cant be much different, right?

I also have the same modem router combo from AT&T and I don't have any phone lines,TV etc just a dedicated gaming line.I just put mine in passthrough and there's a great post covering it,it's actually the third link on Franks post...http://forum.netduma...z-r1-on-uverse/ this worked like a charm for me.

Frank has given you some great advice,I'd follow the link step by step and you should be good to go,best of luck and of course if you have any issues,please let us know... :D

• 3 weeks later...

Got my At&t U-Verse NVG589 to bridge for the R1 without any issues on my first try. Thanks again for all the help everyone! I could not have done it without you! I thought i should give thanks to those whom deserve it! #DumaArmy

Archived