Will my wifi speeds slow down? If so, solution?

Greetings group. I just pulled the trigger on a R1. Unfortunately in all my excitement, I didn't realize until after placing the order that the wifi on the router is 2.4 Ghz 802.11n.

My current router/modem is the ATT Uverse Arris NVG599, pushing both 2.4Ghz 802.11b/g/n and 5Ghz 802.11ac.

I'm on the Gigapower plan, giving me 300Mbps Ethernet and around 250Mbps wifi on 5Ghz.

Will using this new modem slow down my wifi speeds significantly? And if so, what are my options? The wifi speed is important in my household, so this is obviously a concern if it does slow down.

Thanks in advance!

I switched from the Netgear R6300 to the R1.  I get a slightly better signal strength and wifi speeds.  Please keep in mind that the R1 is 2.4GHz, so there will be slower speeds as a natural result of wireless and limitations of 2.4GHz.  

I switched from the Netgear R6300 to the R1.  I a slightly better signal strength and wifi speeds.  Please keep in mind that the R1 is 2.4GHz, so there will be slower speeds as a natural result of wireless and limitations of 2.4GHz.

Ok. I guess I'll just need to wait and see what the speed difference is after hooking it up. Thanks for the info.

Archived