I can't access internet with my netduma

Hello, I am new to this forum and to the netduma community, I bought the Netduma R1 about two weeks ago and I finally moved to my new house and was happy to start the configuration but unfortunately I failed on the first step (ouch), I have followed all the steps to first start the router but whatever I try I can't have internet access. (I made the upgrade of latest firmware)

For info, I have FTTH and Huawei HG8245 my ISP is in Indonesia (indihome)

I was thinking about putting my ISP router in bridge mode without even knowing what it does really, so I preferred to open a topic instead.

any suggestion is welcomed

• Netduma Staff

Hey Pesiss, welcome to the forum :)

I'm not sure your connection requires you to connect with PPoE. But your suggestion of putting your ISP router into bridge mode and connecting the Duma to that will work and you should have an internet connection when you do that.

Hello Crossy I read many of your answers in this forum and didn't expect to have an answer that fast, so first thank you appreciate it.

I will try that maybe tomorrow as it is already midnight around here.

edit:

I don't use ppoe

• Netduma Staff

Hello Crossy I read many of your answers in this forum and didn't expect to have an answer that fast, so first thank you appreciate it.

I will try that maybe tomorrow as it is already midnight around here.

No problem :) Ok! If it doesn't work in bridge mode, you should also just be able to connect it directly to your ISP hub, then connect all devices to the Netduma and it should function the same.

I was looking how to do the bridge mode by web search and I didn't find, so I decided to check straight from the ISP hub and it looks that I am using PPPOE

Capture_huwaei.jpg

So I guess I need to have the password from my ISP then go to the netduma and enable WAN settings or something like that.

Unfortunately people here does not speak any english, so it will be kind of hard to explain them why I need it, but this is another story.

• Netduma Staff

I was looking how to do the bridge mode by web search and I didn't find, so I decided to check straight from the ISP hub and it looks that I am using PPPOE

http://postimg.org/image/mwmgp4drp/ 

So I guess I need to have the password from my ISP then go to the netduma and enable WAN settings or something like that.

Unfortunately people here does not speak any english, so it will be kind of hard to explain them why I need it, but this is another story.

Hmm, you should be able to get that. Do you have an online account that you can login to which might have the information?

Hmm, you should be able to get that. Do you have an online account that you can login to which might have the information?

unfortunately no, I don't have the information to login, so I guess I will go on Saturday as there I work all day and they close around 4 pm.

So if I get the password and enable WAN in Netduma, do you think it will resolve my issue of not having internet working ?

• Netduma Staff

unfortunately no, I don't have the information to login, so I guess I will go on Saturday as there I work all day and they close around 4 pm.

So if I get the password and enable WAN in Netduma, do you think it will resolve my issue of not having internet working ?

If you can get the password, just enter it on WAN in the PPoE section and yes, it should work :)

If the password is sent to the browser then hidden (which is what it looked like in the picture) then you could use your browser console to display what it is :)

If you can get the password, just enter it on WAN in the PPoE section and yes, it should work :)

If the password is sent to the browser then hidden (which is what it looked like in the picture) then you could use your browser console to display what it is :)

Hey Crossy, I woke up this morning hoping from a comment from your side, so straight from the bad I jumped onto my phone to see your quick tip that I didn't know about, I have tried it and was able to retrieve the password  :D

As I have disconnected everything and I am working (kind of) I will try the WAN option as soon as I can and let you know, thanks for your help much appreciated.

Hey Crossy, I woke up this morning hoping from a comment from your side, so straight from the bad I jumped onto my phone to see your quick tip that I didn't know about, I have tried it and was able to retrieve the password  :D

As I have disconnected everything and I am working (kind of) I will try the WAN option as soon as I can and let you know, thanks for your help much appreciated.

I quote myself, so unfortunately it didn't work in WAN I have put my user name and password.

I tried to reboot both ISP hub and Duma but nothing, tried cable as well but nothing, one weird thing though the wifi signal was showing no exclamation yellow m

ark

• Netduma Staff

I quote myself, so unfortunately it didn't work in WAN I have put my user name and password.

I tried to reboot both ISP hub and Duma but nothing, tried cable as well but nothing, one weird thing though the wifi signal was showing no exclamation yellow m

ark

Did you have no internet connection when you did it? IF you didn't then it might be best just to connect using your ISP hub in bridge mode :)

Did you have no internet connection when you did it? IF you didn't then it might be best just to connect using your ISP hub in bridge mode :)

Hey Crossy,

I would love to but I can't find how to do it, I am travelling today and probably coming back home tomorrow, if you have any step by step guide or forum that I can consult, I would appreciate

• Netduma Staff

Hey Crossy,

I would love to but I can't find how to do it, I am travelling today and probably coming back home tomorrow, if you have any step by step guide or forum that I can consult, I would appreciate

Ah, ok. If the PPoE doesn't work as Fraser suggested you can just connect your Duma to your ISP router (no settings changed on the ISP router). That's how I use it and it works fine :)

Hi, a little confused here, just let me recap:

I have connected my Duma with my ISP hub but I didn't have internet working, you suggested that I enter the PPPOE username and password to the Netduma but it didn't work and bridge is not an option for me which is fine.

Now in the last comment from Crossy it says :just connect your Duma to your ISP router (no settings changed on the ISP router). That's how I use it and it works fine  :)

Which was the first thing I tried  :huh:

I am surely doing something wrong, is there a way to set a time where someone can guide me through like the french guy do it in the french section of this forum as I speak french, I look at this part of the forum as well. Thank you guy

NB: I will be back home tomorrow as I have other meetings going on here in Indonesia 

• Netduma Staff

Now in the last comment from Crossy it says :just connect your Duma to your ISP router (no settings changed on the ISP router). That's how I use it and it works fine  :)

Which was the first thing I tried  :huh:

Make sure PPoE is turned off if you aren't using it as that will stop it working. No one will really be able to go through your settings if the router doesn't have an internet connection :-)

If you go Modem >> ISP Hub >> Netduma with no PPoE on the Duma then you should have an internet connection. If you don't do this:

1. Unplug ISP Hub.
  2. Disable PPoE on Duma then reboot from Settings >> Miscelanous to hard save settings.
  3. After reboot unplug Duma.
  4. Wait 1 min.
  5. Connect ISP hub back to power.
  6. Wait 1 min.
  7. Connect Duma to power (also make sure ISP hub is connected to port 1 of the Duma).
  8. Wait 1 min.
  9. Try to access internet.
  10. If you can access internet problem sorted :) If you can't, go to the device manager on the Duma and see if there is a number after 'WAN IP' in device manager.

hello guys,

sorry for the late reply, I tried all the steps that you mentioned and also tried to use static ip, which I did with a friend but we were not sure what values to use, in all cases we couldn't get internet to work would it be by cable or wifi.

After Wan IP I don't have any value, the only way to have a vulue there is to use static IP so far and if I remember well it puts the static IP address that I have set but once again no internet present from the Duma.

any other suggestion ?

• Netduma Staff

hello guys,

sorry for the late reply, I tried all the steps that you mentioned and also tried to use static ip, which I did with a friend but we were not sure what values to use, in all cases we couldn't get internet to work would it be by cable or wifi.

After Wan IP I don't have any value, the only way to have a vulue there is to use static IP so far and if I remember well it puts the static IP address that I have set but once again no internet present from the Duma.

any other suggestion ?

Are you connecting using port 1 of the Duma? If you connect a computer or something to the router you are connecting the Duma to, does it have an internet connection?

Are you connecting using port 1 of the Duma? If you connect a computer or something to the router you are connecting the Duma to, does it have an internet connection?

The Duma is connected by cable (POE port) to the ISP hub LAN1.

Just tried to connect my ISP hub straight to my computer and it does not have internet, Wifi works obviously but with cable it does not

• Netduma Staff

The Duma is connected by cable (POE port) to the ISP hub LAN1.

Just tried to connect my ISP hub straight to my computer and it does not have internet, Wifi works obviously but with cable it does not

Can you try using a different port on your ISP router then :) It might be a problem with the ISP router if you aren't getting internet when wired to it.

Can you try using a different port on your ISP router then :) It might be a problem with the ISP router if you aren't getting internet when wired to it.

PROBLEM SOLVED

Basically you were right, I tried all the ports on my ISP hub the number 3 worked all others does not work but since I need only this port to connect to the Duma,that's fine to me.

Guys if any one is experiencing the same problem as me, first make sure that your ISP hub ports provides you internet acess, then just follow the steps provided by the DUMA team.

• Netduma Staff

PROBLEM SOLVED

Basically you were right, I tried all the ports on my ISP hub the number 3 worked all others does not work but since I need only this port to connect to the Duma,that's fine to me.

Guys if any one is experiencing the same problem as me, first make sure that your ISP hub ports provides you internet acess, then just follow the steps provided by the DUMA team.

Great, is everything working now? :)

Great, is everything working now? :)

Yeah internet is working fine, I did the first configuration step but being in Pekanbaru (small town in Indonesia) does not really help, I am always getting the dedicated server in Japan, at least I think it's dedicated, still working on how to get closer server...

Thank you for your help :)

Archived