PS4 NAT ISSUE

Hi, I'll get straight to the issue. Two nights ago playing destiny I noticed I could chat in a regular fireteam but when I joined the party I could not hear anybody. The exact same happened this morning.

I ran the usual network test and yes it shows Nat type 2 which is optimal as far as I'm aware but scrolling across the bottom of the screen is " the router in use might not support packet fragmentation, and some network features of the ps4 might be restricted" Any answers guys?

I've restarted bt homehub 5 and the netduma r1 and ps4. Still persists. I must warn you I'm thick as mince so any instructions please be step by step guides. I thank you all in advance. Mark.

This is due to MTU. PS4 should be set to Auto. MTU in the R1 should be set to Auto as well. I would then reboot the modem, router and console in that order.  This has been a common issue for the PS4.

This is due to MTU. PS4 should be set to Auto. MTU in the R1 should be set to Auto as well. I would then reboot the modem, router and console in that order. This has been a common issue for the PS4.

Just followed all of the above but still the issue persists. I'm really growing frustrated now. I can't understand how this happened. Thanks for your help.

It's seems to be an ongoing issue. Just google the error message and you will find many hits and even a Reddit post. Unsure if there were any resolution though. May need to contact PS4 support.

I had to manually set my mtu to 1500 on the Ps4 and in the r1 under WAN and LAN settings per advice I got from another post in the forum. That took care of the packet fragmentation error message. Of course your mtu number may be different.

I had to manually set my mtu to 1500 on the Ps4 and in the r1 under WAN and LAN settings per advice I got from another post in the forum. That took care of the packet fragmentation error message. Of

course your mtu number may be different.

1500 MTU should be the auto number but I could enter them manually and give it a shot. Thanks for the advice. I'll try it out.

I had to manually set my mtu to 1500 on the Ps4 and in the r1 under WAN and LAN settings per advice I got from another post in the forum. That took care of the packet fragmentation error message. Of

course your mtu number may be different.

Didn't work just tried this. Unless the mtu number is different to yours.

• Netduma Staff

Didn't work just tried this. Unless the mtu number is different to yours.

Some other people have said that this error is just a bug. I'm not sure if it is related to the problem you are having in parties. Is your NAT Type open in games?

Some other people have said that this error is just a bug. I'm not sure if it is related to the problem you are having in parties. Is your NAT Type open in games?

Nat type 2 is open as far as I'm aware so yes. It's also in dmz. With a little search I found out bt infinity mtu should be 1492 so I set it to that. Still no difference.

• Netduma Staff

Nat type 2 is open as far as I'm aware so yes. It's also in dmz. With a little search I found out bt infinity mtu should be 1492 so I set it to that. Still no difference.

If you connect directly to your ISP router do you get the party problem?

OK so as I said was on the phone to bt and they were clueless. They said they don't support playstation but told them to run a test and it came back clean. Well remember last year the lizard squad ddos attack we were advised to use mtu 1473. I put netduma mtu to the 1473 and the ps4 to 1473 and bang it's cured.

Praise the Lord! I'd like to thank all of you for your help cause you put me on the right path here. You can close this now.

• Netduma Staff

OK so as I said was on the phone to bt and they were clueless. They said they don't support playstation but told them to run a test and it came back clean. Well remember last year the lizard squad ddos attack we were advised to use mtu 1473. I put netduma mtu to the 1473 and the ps4 to 1473 and bang it's cured.

Praise the Lord! I'd like to thank all of you for your help cause you put me on the right path here. You can close this now.

Good to hear that you found the solution :)

Archived