Black OPs 3 XB1.. Geo filter connecting to host outside of filter

I have been playing Black Ops 3 with my Netduma. I have played both PS4 and XB1. PS4 seemed much smoother, and would give me a server in my geo filter. Most of the time it had me on a dedicated server in the Chicago area on PS4. I switch to Xbone and its like the Chicago server is non existent. I usually connect to servers outside my filter in Kansas. Last night it placed me on a server in Seattle. The server in Seattle actually played extremely well, smooth as silk like the PS4 chicago server. So I set the preference or quality to 100% on that server. I started my game on the Seattle server 21-0. But I am still curious as to why its connected me to games outside the filter. And it seems to move me off the Kansas server to the Seattle one when I adjusted Ping assist to 25ms. I live in Cincinnati.

Just trying to understand the method of the madness with these Black Ops 3 servers. When this game plays smooth it is awesome and a lot of fun.. when its laggy, its the most infuriating game I have ever played.

Do the dedicated servers show up as a single large red circle when connected?

Sometimes I see several red squares or circles in a game, is that when I am on P2P. Last night I just seen a single red circle in KS when I was in a lobby for awhile, then Seattle.

Help appreciated.

• Netduma Staff

Hosts show up as large circles - so if you are connected to a dedicated server it will be the largest circle on the GeoFilter :) Red squares are hosts that you aren't connected to but have in the past 2 minutes. If they are all the same size then you are host. Also, are you on the latest version?

If you enable your legend on your duma,it will give you a description of what the symbols mean.

And if you ever see a circle inside a circle,it usually means your on a dedi bank and there are more than 1 servers.Or there are 2 players right on top of each other in your GF.

And you can click on the host (big circle) to see if it's a dedi,if you don't have an update button it's a dedi

Then I was on a dedicated server last night.. Man it played so much better..

and yes I am on the latest version. But Seattle is over 2000 miles away.. So I was surprised. But I have seen the circle within a circle in chicago. So they must have a dedi server farm there for PS4.. Just wish I could get it to connect to a dedi all the time.

Then I was on a dedicated server last night.. Man it played so much better..

and yes I am on the latest version. But Seattle is over 2000 miles away.. So I was surprised. But I have seen the circle within a circle in chicago. So they must have a dedi server farm there for PS4.. Just wish I could get it to connect to a dedi all the time.

I don't know where you live but if you want to play on dedi's all the time just move your home location...for example to Illinois (those are the dedi's I play on) and set your GF to about 150-200 miles just enough to cover the state of Illinois.And you will play on the northern bank,which has at least 12 dedi's and an over flow dedi in southern Illinois.

I don't know where you live but if you want to play on dedi's all the time just move your home location...for example to Illinois (those are the dedi's I play on) and set your GF to about 150-200 miles just enough to cover the state of Illinois.And you will play on the northern bank,which has at least 12 dedi's and an over flow dedi in southern Illinois.

I live in cincinnati. On PS4 I would always get Chicago dedicated servers and they played great. On XB1 its like they are non existent. I will try that..

You are referring to XB1 right? Not sure if they have diff locations on PS4 vs XB1

I live in cincinnati. On PS4 I would always get Chicago dedicated servers and they played great. On XB1 its like they are non existent. I will try that..

You are referring to XB1 right? Not sure if they have diff locations on PS4 vs XB1

He's talking about Playstation.  Fuzzy is a PS4 guy.

The locations are a bit different in some cities.  XB1 has Kansas.  PS4 has Illinois.  Some cities like Seattle have both.

Sorry about that I thought you were on PS4,didn't mean to get your hopes up.

And JD is correct I'm on PS,and no XBOX doesn't have servers in Illinois.

But JD is an XBOX guy,maybe he could give you the heads up on where the servers are for XBOX

XB1 servers?

For me Kansas was the server of choice.  

I tried Seattle (shit) and San Fran/San Jose area (not much better in my opinion).

I am pretty sure there is a dedicated server in the LA area for XB1, but I don't remember connecting to it.  I know I have read people playing on it though.

Texas, around the Dallas/Ft. Worth area I believe, has a dedicated XB server that ran "ok" for me.  It wasn't great, nor was it a black hole of missing bullets and phantom hit markers.  Kansas I felt played better.

I only have about 30 levels of time invested on the XB1 platform as it just played terrible at launch.  I moved to the PS4 just to have a viable gaming option as I expect to be playing this game, between consoles, for the next 2 years anyways (assuming SHG does ANYTHING interesting for their sophomore effort).

I'm on Xbox One and here are the server banks I haven noticed: Seattle, Kansas, Washington D.C./New Jersey area and supposed there is one in Florida but I have never connected to it. 

Archived