Optimal settings for my netduma

Title says it all, the only reason I am making a topic about this my situation. Here are the devices connected to my wifi.

My ps4 and the owner of the r1, my wife and I are black ops 3 players.

One roommate ps4, he rarely streams Netflix, plays games but nothing multiplayer.

Other roommate, LOVES to download torrents, illegally, and even with the netduma I notice someone lag, use to be a ton before hand.

And of course all cellphones in the house.

I do move my ps4 into the room with the router and plug it in when I can but I'm still forced to use the WiFi some times.

In my room on wifi I get 1-5 Mbps download speed, and 35-50 ping. When I plug in, it's 25 Mbps with 15-50 ping.

I'm paying for 150 Mbps download speed but my isp, xfinity, says whit 4-5 devices, 20 Mbps is normal and nothing they can do.

So when I'm setting up the router and it ask for my speed, should I put 25 or 150?

What should I set my anti flood % to? And how does that not effect the ps4 if I set it low to stop his torrenting.

I'm not very tech savvy but I can fallow instructions if I have someone to talk to, let me know if there's anymore information you need.

Mike

Make sure all other devices are off while you run a few speed tests from speedtest.net to get an average, put the real world speeds in to the set bandwidth area.

Then set the sliders to 70% each way, I would try reactive to keep the pings at the lowest possible when there is torrenting going on.

Them saying 20mb is normal for 5 devices where did they pull that from, normal would be if your copper cable takes a route that is 1000m or more away from your cabinet.

Archived