whats your settings? uk gamers

I'm on BT infinity, 29 down 5 up

I connect my r1 straight to the open reach modem and do not use the BT home hub.

I set my speeds to 28 dl and 4 ul with congestion control at 70/70

On the prioritisation flower I have share excess ticked and give my ps4 50%

On the host page I put my home in the centre of the U.K. And include France Ireland part of Germany but do not include Spain or Italy.

Ping I put to 20 ms which is 10 more than my base ping.

Many many people advise you to throttle your speed but I have not found any consistent advantage to this and have run tests that show that it actually harms your connection and causes problems when trying to party up with friends.

The other thing I have found is that by moving the r1 at least a couple of feet away from any other electrical devices it has stopped reboot issues and several other issues I was having.

This works for the most part on my connection but everybody will have different speeds etc

Bagsta I've just ordered the infinity 1 like you.. After reading your comment I'm I correct to assume they send you two routers? Or is one for wireless and one can be used as just a modem? If that's right I think I'll do the same, just use the modem.. Do you never have to plug the homehub in? For initial set-up? Or is it simply r1 to modem and away you go?

Yes an engineer comes out to the house and installs an open reach modem which the home hub plugs into. I have removed the home hub and plug my R1 straight into the modem.

Let he know if you want the settings for setting it up.ppp0e etc. I have posted them a few times but it might save you searching .

Literally modem R1 input settings on control panel and off you go

Yes an engineer comes out to the house and installs an open reach modem which the home hub plugs into. I have removed the home hub and plug my R1 straight into the modem.

Let he know if you want the settings for setting it up.ppp0e etc. I have posted them a few times but it might save you searching .

Literally modem R1 input settings on control panel and off you go

Man I so wish I could go straight with the duma out of the modem but sky have everything locked down

Man I so wish I could go straight with the duma out of the modem but sky have everything locked down

You can when the guys include MER into the Duma, just get your sky Username and Password and enter it into the Duma. I tried the other day but the Duma would not connect to my internet.

You can when the guys include MER into the Duma, just get your sky Username and Password and enter it into the Duma. I tried the other day but the Duma would not connect to my internet.

Oh wow how long before this is happening?is it in the next update or further away?

Archived