Virgin Media Slow speeds when changing congestion controls

Hi

Having a slight issue with my duma since the latest update.  I've followed all the tutorials on here, but when I set me PC and PS4 hard wired to have the same figure under the congestion page, lowering my daughters Ipad due to her face timing her friends. My speeds drop from 150+ down to 20.  If i them reset the distribution back to all the same the speeds jump straight back up.

I've not had a week where I've not had to factory reset the duma since I purchased it.

I've got the same issue, i'm with virgin media paying for 100up/6down. I've followed the wiki guide to get the full speeds, using reactive instead of preemptive, disabled ipv6 etc. But nothing has helped me get the full speeds again. The max download speed I seem to be able to get is 70. I disconnected the R1, turned modem mode off the superhub and running a speed test to check it was on the ISP end, but I was getting the full speeds. 

im having the same problem , i have 150d/20u , when turbo mode is on, i cant make any changes to the device prioritisation , if i do all speeds drop , best i can get is 6mb/2mb

im having the same issue aswell although i have comcast 120dn 20up if i make any prioritisation changes my speeds go to crap

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys this is my first post so please bare with me, i also my self seem to be having these issues with my netduma and virgin superhub 2, Virgin recently upgraded me to 200mb this would normally sit around the 180mb down and 20mb up ive had the netduma now for around 4 days i set it up using the instructions read threads and followed the wiki but i just cant seem to get my speed above 30mb and my up wont go above 9mb, the netduma has certainly made a difference but the down side so far is the speeds any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4925559051.png

• Netduma Staff

Hi guys this is my first post so please bare with me, i also my self seem to be having these issues with my netduma and virgin superhub 2, Virgin recently upgraded me to 200mb this would normally sit around the 180mb down and 20mb up ive had the netduma now for around 4 days i set it up using the instructions read threads and followed the wiki but i just cant seem to get my speed above 30mb and my up wont go above 9mb, the netduma has certainly made a difference but the down side so far is the speeds any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4925559051.png

Hey, welcome to the forum :)

If you follow everything here carefully you should be abel to get the speeds. Make sure you've pressed reset distribution under device prioritisation.

• Netduma Staff

Thank you Crossy really has improved the speeds resetting distribution still nowhere nearly what i normally get but everything seems to be working fine my ping is 9ms is that anygood?

What speeds are you getting now and what speeds do you expect to get. And yeah, that's a good ping :)

Archived