R1rebooting itself and lossing all settings

I was OK with it doing this to me a couple of times but now it is getting annoying.

My R1 keeps rebooting itself and losing all my settings, I have cookies enabled and once I am set up and reboot it from the settings menu it retains all my details.

This only happens when it reboots itself, It is located out of direct sunlight (like we get much of that in November) in a cool well ventilated area.

VPN is disabled.

We have not had a power cut.

Turbo mode/s are not selected as I do not have that much download or upload. (29 down and 6 up and I set my bandwidth to one less on the anti flood.

WIFI workaround disabled.

IPV6 disabled.

I have had the router since February and this has only started to happen after the update.

Any advice from the devs or Admins would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Oh and it puts my home back into south west USA

The good news is I have just finished all my Christmas shopping.

I was OK with it doing this to me a couple of times but now it is getting annoying.

My R1 keeps rebooting itself and losing all my settings, I have cookies enabled and once I am set up and reboot it from the settings menu it retains all my details.

This only happens when it reboots itself, It is located out of direct sunlight (like we get much of that in November) in a cool well ventilated area.

VPN is disabled.

We have not had a power cut.

Turbo mode/s are not selected as I do not have that much download or upload. (29 down and 6 up and I set my bandwidth to one less on the anti flood.

WIFI workaround disabled.

IPV6 disabled.

I have had the router since February and this has only started to happen after the update.

Any advice from the devs or Admins would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Oh and it puts my home back into south west USA

The good news is I have just finished all my Christmas shopping.

Not sure if it would help but i would re-install the upgrade again, as i said i am no dev or anything but thats what i would do to make sure its not corrupted in anyway. Oh and well done on the shopping :)

Cannot even do that Raddy get this error code. "Upgrade failed: Failed to upgrade, pleast contact Netduma. with exitcode undefined" complete with spelling error, lol.

Not that I can moan about spelling errors, wtf is lossing? lol

Have tried factory reset as well. I'm out of ideas

Is there anything Devs could try remotely?

I guess help is down for the day and I'm shooting pretty ladies tomorrow till late afternoon.

I have sent the details and ticked  "Allow remote access to Netduma tech support." in misc settings.

Will my PC need to be on when he "goes in" ?

My IP address is dynamic and it changes every time the R1 reboots itself so we may have to arrange a time rather than me just sending address.

• 2 weeks later...

My netduma is rebooting itself too :/, very weird. Never had it, until the last update. It's well ventilated and not overheating (AFAIK). Directly into the wall too, so what's going on here? It's quite annoying :/ I do not have any turbo mode settings turned on btw

Hi, I solved this issue myself by moving my R1 a couple of feet away from any other electrical devices such as cordless telephones.

It has not rebooted once since moving it.

It's quite far from other electrical devices, but even then I find it weird that its only happening lately. It hasn't really (at least not from what I noticed) rebooted itself like this before. Thnx for ur reponse btw! :D Really appreciate it :)

I had the same problem for a couple of days after updating as you can read above, just sharing what worked for me. Might have been a coincidence but after a little research online about routers in general this idea floated to the top and seems to have fixed it for me.

Hope you get it sorted

Archived