Getting new Modem. Will it solve issue?

I currently have the modem/router combo that comcast provides to their customers and ive been using it with netduma for the longest and had no issues regarding speed or ping only issues with Wifi going in and out. Now that i moved into new place i have the same modem which seems to me to not be having issues however now my netduma messes up my speeds and ping. i pay for 75 down and 10 up and my download speed fluctuates a lot and my ping will be 7 then it will jump to 176 or some wacky number like that. I was looking at this Regular Modem below and i was told this modem is a really good modem to use with comcast by another netduma user. its a Solid Modem. Would this improve my performance with this speed /ping issue or is the issue with the netduma itself?  i never had a issue and i had the netduma for about a year until now. I use my current modem/router combo in bridge mode and it functions fine. just wondering will a new modem fix issue that everybody experiencing? i have current update and settings all correct. 

It should work fine, but go with the SB6183 if you can because it uses more channels and Comcast/Xfinity is up to 16 channels now. The SB6121 only connects to 4 out of those 16... The SB6183 connect to all 16

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16825390006

It could also be a wiring issue or something outside your house, since you said the same setup worked at your old place and now you're having problems.

Check for bad coaxial, open ended splitters, unnecessary splits, etc... Try to have your modem on the first line coming into the house before it's split anywhere.

It could also be a wiring issue or something outside your house, since you said the same setup worked at your old place and now you're having problems.

Check for bad coaxial, open ended splitters, unnecessary splits, etc... Try to have your modem on the first line coming into the house before it's split anywhere.

yeah at my old location it was same setup however i was living with a roommate and he kept that modem . i have the same one but a new one from comcast. I dont have anything splitting connection. i have cable coming from wall into comcast modem directly. i live in apartment tho now and not house.

yeah at my old location it was same setup however i was living with a roommate and he kept that modem . i have the same one but a new one from comcast. I dont have anything splitting connection. i have cable coming from wall into comcast modem directly. i live in apartment tho now and not house.

I'm in a house and I was having ping spikes for 5 months dealing with countless comcast techs at my house... It's finally fixed now, but just do one step at a time. A new modem is a good first step, cuts down your bill and a modem without the built in router b.s. is better to have than their rented all in one crap.

I'm in a house and I was having ping spikes for 5 months dealing with countless comcast techs at my house... It's finally fixed now, but just do one step at a time. A new modem is a good first step, cuts down your bill and a modem without the built in router b.s. is better to have than their rented all in one crap.

okay kool so you say get the one you recommended right?

okay kool so you say get the one you recommended right?

The SB6183 is a pretty solid modem, some people said there's a bug with the Arris modems and the Netduma... I have an Arris TM822G and I have no issues. So that's your call... If you want to be sure, go with the Zoom modem as suggested above, but I have no experience with them. Arris has always been good to me.

Archived