cant block hosts in bo3

it seems some of the dedicated servers in bo3 I can rate 0-100% but some I cannot.

for example there is one about 344mi from my location and the connection is very bad;

in netduma page it shows ~30ms

in game it shows ~110ms

when I trace the server it shows going to a few places in the Midwest USA, all the way to Europe and back for the connection

and I don't have option to rate it....

When I try to set my geo filter to less than 100 miles, and 0 Ping assist it still connects to this server 90% of the times.

When I try to set to strict mode, it picks up a local server 75 miles from me but more than 50% of the times I get disconnected mid game saying lost connection to PSN....I even tried to locate the server its connecting to for PSN in the midwest and rate it 100% but still I disconnect.

Please help, any suggestions will be welcomed thanks

I have the latest firmware posted 4 days ago.

if it is outside my radius I set for geo filter why am I still connecting to it?

I live in PA, USA

the server I have the most issues with is 

ID: 486c9d6809e7383d    Distance: 344mi

• Administrators

Hey welcome to the forum. 

Don't worry about the trace it is quite inaccurate, just focus on the ping. 

If you don't have an update button it is a dedicated server. If it does it is probably a player/host or it hasn't been classified as a dedicated server yet. 

100miles is a very small radius, change it to the equivalent of ~1000km. Strict mode on, PA at 0 all at the same time. 

Have you also hard refreshed the Geo-filter page and selected the non PA version of the service for your console?

When you get disconnected click on whatever is getting blocked and provide me with the ID please. 

hi thanks for the reply, ok so the server i'm connecting to which ping is about 90ms difference in what in game vs netduma is showing is more than 100miles away, if i set my areas to 1000km i will always connect to that server litterally 99% of the time 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with a dedicated server somewhere near moscow  ID: a4ad521d4a43c2c7

whenever I expand the radius, my games allways go there and Im talking about "can't run through a door" kinda lag with 25 ping. I can block it with the geo fence, but it also restricts desirable areas.

Archived