Problems Connecting to Netduma

Guest Netduma Fraser

Yeah, I checked the ping graph like you said by clicking on the large circle while I was in a game a few minutes ago and it had it at 40 ms. My problem is having good games one minute with excellent hit detection and then bad ones the next with horrible hit detection. 

I just did a connection test on my PS3 and the download speed is 1.5 Mbps and the upload is 185.0 Mbps. This is strange because my download speed from before I got the Netduma was always at a 5.5 and the upload speed was higher as well. 

I also saw that my NAT Type for the PS3 is Type 2. Would it be better to change it to Type 1?

Hey Raiden, it could very well be that the host is just not very good, try and avoid the ones that are worse than others.

Don't worry about the PS speed test, it has a mind of its own. 

Type 2 NAT type for PS is normal and the best you will get as Type 2 is when youre behind a router which you are :)

I figured that may have been it. I can't use the allow and deny feature because it's a dedicated server and before I would always get a player host. I don't understand what is going on with Advanced Warfare. 

ah, I was wondering what the deal was with that. I'll know not to try that again in the future, haha. 

Cool, thanks for the advice :)

I spoke with my ISP (AT&T) and we did a test on speedtest.net to see what was going on. The first time we did it was with my laptop hardwired into the router that they gave me and not connected to the netduma and we saw that the upload speed was a lot higher than having the laptop connected wirelessly. Right now I'm waiting for them to call me back. They said they were going to have the Networking department try it with their more advanced programs. 

@ Raiden36 AW is running really bad at the moment.Actually has been for the last month,but PS is just coming off 2 XP weekend so it's was extra rough all weekend.

And always do your speed test wired.IMO your diagnostics test look good man.If the worst result you got was good on ping,i think your gonna be fine    :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've looked up the ports for Advanced Warfare. Is there any way that someone can walk me through with putting them into my router correctly?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hello, I've looked up the ports for Advanced Warfare. Is there any way that someone can walk me through with putting them into my router correctly?

Hey Raiden, I recommend you allow UPnP to open the ports needed. However, find the IP for your console from the device manager. Then go to settings > port forwarding. Put the IP for the console in and fill in the rest of the info from the research youve done. You can name it what you want :) 

Guest Netduma Fraser

Sorry for bumping but I port forwarded and got a moderate NAT type 

Type 2 on Playstation is normal as its behind a router. If you're talking about CoD, the Geo-filter can cause a false reading. Turn off the Geo-filter, restart the game and if its open you can enable the Geo-filter again. If it shows moderate in the future, its just a false reading and is actually open :)

I'm still continuing to run into problems. I find that I'm having an "on" and "off" experience (one match I have a good connection and then the next match I have a bad one) with my connection in Advanced Warfare. 

1) Tried port forwarding using the Advanced Warfare ports on my Netgear router and end up with a Moderate NAT Type. I also noticed that when I go to put in the IP Address of my PS3, I get "Must have the IP Address in LAN Subnet" so I then have to use the WAN IP Address that I found in my Netduma router as a replacement but still end up with a Moderate NAT Type so I'm forced to go with Option 2

2)Use Modern Warfare 3 ports with the WAN IP Address that my Netduma provided to get an Open NAT type but I am still having that "on" and "off" experience when I'm playing.

Is there any solution for Option 1? I think if I were to fix #1 where I have an Open NAT Type with Advanced Warfare ports and not MW3 ports then I will be good. Also think I'm supposed to be using the IP Address of my PS3 instead of the one that I found in the Device Manager for my Netduma

Guest Netduma Fraser

I'm still continuing to run into problems. I find that I'm having an "on" and "off" experience (one match I have a good connection and then the next match I have a bad one) with my connection in Advanced Warfare. 

1) Tried port forwarding using the Advanced Warfare ports on my Netgear router and end up with a Moderate NAT Type. I also noticed that when I go to put in the IP Address of my PS3, I get "Must have the IP Address in LAN Subnet" so I then have to use the WAN IP Address that I found in my Netduma router as a replacement but still end up with a Moderate NAT Type so I'm forced to go with Option 2

2)Use Modern Warfare 3 ports with the WAN IP Address that my Netduma provided to get an Open NAT type but I am still having that "on" and "off" experience when I'm playing.

Is there any solution for Option 1? I think if I were to fix #1 where I have an Open NAT Type with Advanced Warfare ports and not MW3 ports then I will be good. Also think I'm supposed to be using the IP Address of my PS3 instead of the one that I found in the Device Manager for my Netduma

Hey Raiden, 

The WAN IP which you find in the device manager is the correct one that you are supposed to use for the DMZ. The Playstation reports a Type 2 NAT which is correct as you are behind a router. CoD may say moderate but if you turn the Geo-filter off youll see its open. Its just a false reading and is actually open so you can enable the Geo-filter again. I would recommend you wipe the port forwards you have done and put the R1 in the DMZ and allow UPnP to open the ports necessary :) Was it the same host as it sounds like the host was just not that great to be honest. 

I was on the phone with AT&T for an hour and a half yesterday having them open all of the ports for me on my Netgear and then doing port forwarding on the Netduma. My connection is a lot better now but I do have another question.

How do I set my Geo-filter to avoid dedicated servers in Advanced Warfare?

Archived