Problems Connecting to Netduma

Hi there, I recently purchased the Netduma R1 last Thursday and received it in the mail today. Right now I am coming across some issues.

1) When I go into Netduma Home Page and start the tour, I get a message at the bottom of the screen that says "Oops, there was an error loading external device"

2)I click on "services" under Host Filtering and find that two devices are currently connected to my Netduma: my PC and PS3 (which is labeled as nameless device). I go to change the name from "nameless device" to "PS3" and it does not update.

3)After doing the speed test, I go to apply it which is a download of 5.76 Mbps and an upload of .42 (is that correct for upload?) and I get "Enter a valid number"

4)When doing the geo-filter, I click on the range to try to move it and it won't move to left or to the right

5) I just started up Advanced Warfare and my NAT type is Strict after deleting all of the port forwarding rules from my Netgear router.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hi there, I recently purchased the Netduma R1 last Thursday and received it in the mail today. Right now I am coming across some issues.

1) When I go into Netduma Home Page and start the tour, I get a message at the bottom of the screen that says "Oops, there was an error loading external device"

2)I click on "services" under Host Filtering and find that two devices are currently connected to my Netduma: my PC and PS3 (which is labeled as nameless device). I go to change the name from "nameless device" to "PS3" and it does not update.

3)After doing the speed test, I go to apply it which is a download of 5.76 Mbps and an upload of .42 (is that correct for upload?) and I get "Enter a valid number"

4)When doing the geo-filter, I click on the range to try to move it and it won't move to left or to the right

5) I just started up Advanced Warfare and my NAT type is Strict after deleting all of the port forwarding rules from my Netgear router.

Hey Raiden, thanks for purchasing and glad to see you received it today! 

What web browser are you using? We have some known bugs with IE11, can you try using something like Chrome. This may fix the Geo-filter issue. 

I recommend you upgrade to the latest version of our firmware http://forum.netduma.com/topic/742-7-beta/follow the instructions :)

Once youve done that, post back here and we can sort the rest out :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

I did the first step that the link provided and it changed my NAT Type from Strict to Moderate lol

I checked with my ISP (AT&T) and my internet plan is 6.0 Mbps

If you turn off the console, disable the Geo-filter and then go on to CoD again. If it says open now that means it just gives a false reading when the Geo-filter is enabled and its actually open when it says moderate :)

Do you know what your upload is? Put both your download and upload into the bandwidth settings on the R1. Make sure you're wired to the PC, have anti-flood at 100%, algorithm as preemptive, reset the distribution on the device prioritisation and do a speed test :)

I tried it like you said except I haven't done what you said in the second paragraph. 

I went ahead and tried out what I have done so far with a Moderate NAT Type and my hit detection is excellent. Before it would be like this:

Before the Netduma:

My TTK enemies was very long while their TTK me was very short

Now with the Netduma:

It's equal but with my playstyle I'm always outshooting my enemies

I must say that I am very pleased with your product :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

I tried it like you said except I haven't done what you said in the second paragraph. 

I went ahead and tried out what I have done so far with a Moderate NAT Type and my hit detection is excellent. Before it would be like this:

Before the Netduma:

My TTK enemies was very long while their TTK me was very short

Now with the Netduma:

It's equal but with my playstyle I'm always outshooting my enemies

I must say that I am very pleased with your product :)

Fantastic! Very glad to hear it :) Keep us updated with how its going :)

Hey. Would it be wise to set up a MAC address filter on the Netgear that my Netduma is connected to so people will have no choice but to connect to the Netduma instead of my Netgear? That way I can control how much bandwidth that they will receive with the device prioritization.

• Netduma Staff

Hey. Would it be wise to set up a MAC address filter on the Netgear that my Netduma is connected to so people will have no choice but to connect to the Netduma instead of my Netgear? That way I can control how much bandwidth that they will receive with the device prioritization.

You could turn the WiFI off on your Netgear which would probably be a lot simpler and would do the same thing as what you want. Then turn WiFi on the Netduma on and they can connect to that instead.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Sorry for the double post but I was just curious. In my situation which would be better to use: preemptive or reactive?

You would use Preemptive :)

Hey. I need assistance with port forwarding on the Netduma. I'm using the ports that I used for MW3 to get an 

Open NAT type and so far all that does is give me off and on excellent connections to the game. Here's the help that I need:

1)I need the ports for Advanced Warfare

2)Once I get them I need help putting them into the Netduma properly so I get an Open NAT Type instead of a Moderate one. 

Hey. I need assistance with port forwarding on the Netduma. I'm using the ports that I used for MW3 to get an 

Open NAT type and so far all that does is give me off and on excellent connections to the game. Here's the help that I need:

1)I need the ports for Advanced Warfare

2)Once I get them I need help putting them into the Netduma properly so I get an Open NAT Type instead of a Moderate one. 

They should be the same ports but add 3075 3076    , but turning on upnp on the R1 should do the same thing and give you a trouble free open nat

Thank you :)

Today I went out to buy Black Ops 2 again because I could no longer deal with the lag in Advanced Warfare and for some reason when I am playing Black Ops 2, I'm always getting disconnected from matches. 

Guest Netduma Fraser

Thank you :)

Today I went out to buy Black Ops 2 again because I could no longer deal with the lag in Advanced Warfare and for some reason when I am playing Black Ops 2, I'm always getting disconnected from matches. 

This link should help you resolve that :) http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_am_i_getting_booted_from_the_lobby_game

Thanks man :) One thing that I like about you administrators here is how friendly you are. That's very professional. 

Do you have any ideas as to why I maybe lagging in Advanced Warfare? I've noticing a lot of dedicated servers that cause me to lag when I play a match that's hosted by it. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Raiden,

Have you noticed a change in your ping? It could be something local or it could just be a server you don't like. If you don't like you can move your home and distance to try find another one or avoid it.

However if pings are significantly larger it could be a local issue, don't worry we can detect it and mitigate it in most instances(except when there is a physical problem with the line). 

I've wondered about how my ping fluctuates when playing. How can I check it the Netduma interface? For me it's off and on. I'll get a good match where I do excellent and then a bad match where I do poorly. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

I meant in game ping, when you're on the geo-filter. Click the biggest circle when in a game and then a box appears below. Then click the ping button and a graph will appear showing it. 

oh 

My ping will usually stay at 30-50 ms for some games and then about 50-80 for others. It's weird because sometimes in either of these games, I'll have a bad match. I think it may be due to the player host or dedicated server.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Raiden3,

The Internet Diagnosis test shows you the connection the ISP has given you. Yours looks quite good, and explains why you get between 30-50ms, that would be your optimum.

Are you consistently getting between 30-50?

Yeah, I checked the ping graph like you said by clicking on the large circle while I was in a game a few minutes ago and it had it at 40 ms. My problem is having good games one minute with excellent hit detection and then bad ones the next with horrible hit detection. 

I just did a connection test on my PS3 and the download speed is 1.5 Mbps and the upload is 185.0 Mbps. This is strange because my download speed from before I got the Netduma was always at a 5.5 and the upload speed was higher as well. 

I also saw that my NAT Type for the PS3 is Type 2. Would it be better to change it to Type 1?

Archived