Having issues with NetDuma still.

I know the NetDuma is suppose to give me smoother connection and so forth. My connection regardless the settings I put in, ticked or unticked, is still lagging.  Meaning, when I shot someone it shouldn't take half a clip for them to die, or only getting hit markers. I feel I am getting the same connection as before the Netduma.

Someone told me that I should get a connections like if I was playing Hard Core, if that is true, I am not getting those connections. I have talked to my ISP, they have sent out 2 Techs out in the past 2 weeks. The techs and customer service tell me there is no issue from their part.

I have gone through the Wiki (http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php)and have talked to a few people on how to set up my NetDuma. I am still not seeing any results. I am not here to talk bad about the NetDuma, I see all the videos on YT and what it can do. I just want that for me  :D . 

I also want to say that I am getting a new ISP on Monday because they might be better than the one I have. 

So with those notes, What info do you need from me to help or should a come back once I get my new ISP?

Thanks.

I know the NetDuma is suppose to give me smoother connection and so forth. My connection regardless the settings I put in, ticked or unticked, is still lagging.  Meaning, when I shot someone it shouldn't take half a clip for them to die, or only getting hit markers. I feel I am getting the same connection as before the Netduma.

Someone told me that I should get a connections like if I was playing Hard Core, if that is true, I am not getting those connections. I have talked to my ISP, they have sent out 2 Techs out in the past 2 weeks. The techs and customer service tell me there is no issue from their part.

I have gone through the Wiki (http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php)and have talked to a few people on how to set up my NetDuma. I am still not seeing any results. I am not here to talk bad about the NetDuma, I see all the videos on YT and what it can do. I just want that for me  :D . 

I also want to say that I am getting a new ISP on Monday because they might be better than the one I have. 

So with those notes, What info do you need from me to help or should a come back once I get my new ISP?

Thanks.

Hey Ninja i saw your reply on YouTube :), i see Zen is helping you out so your in good hands. Im sure you will get some progress now.

Hey Ninja i saw your reply on YouTube :), i see Zen is helping you out so your in good hands. Im sure you will get some progress now.

Raddy, Yes Zen helped me out. Game play is slightly better. Still getting a 1 KD :( . I also know that part of the issue are the Dedicated servers and MY ISP (My ISP wont own up to it). Plus No one there is a Network engineer who really know what the problem is cuz they read off a script  B) .

Ill have an update in a few days.

Thanks Raddy.

Raddy, Yes Zen helped me out. Game play is slightly better. Still getting a 1 KD :( . I also know that part of the issue are the Dedicated servers and MY ISP (My ISP wont own up to it). Plus No one there is a Network engineer who really know what the problem is cuz they read off a script  B) .

Thanks Raddy.

Sounds like you got it sorted somewhat, yes the dedi's are a pain but the one i connect to was very laggy at launch but over the past 2 days has become very stable and smooth. They are thowing hotfixes and updates out quite alot so im sure your dedi;s will get more playable, anyway glad you got the help you needed as when i watched your video i realised you felt a bit annoyed you never got good support and i can only say this forum has amazing support from staff and members so always come on for any advice or even just a chat.

Hey Ninja, welcome to the forum :)

What is the ping you are getting to the host?

25-30 on the one I tested.

Base ping around 20. All settings correct now.

Zen helped me figure out the settings. Is the lower the Ping best?

Things seem to be running smoother. But I am Still losing gun battles that I know I should not lose. I have talked to others as well and they say to get away from Cable and get Fiber, Unfortunately Its not available in my area. Closest to it is AT&T UVerse. But I read that their internet consistency is not that great either. I guess I just have to pick one and stay with it till something better comes along.  :D

Thanks.

Hello everyone,

New ISP. Things running better over here. Still have my WTF moments while playing. Still want to lower my Ping. Wondering how people get a ping of 5 and below. I know that doesn't have anything to do with the NetDuma. 

Am I supposed to bridge my Modem/Router? I have a 2-Wire. 

Thanks.

post-4840-0-31083100-1447921425_thumb.jpg

post-4840-0-44405100-1447921458_thumb.jpg

That is great to hear :)

People with 5ms ping must live very close to their ISP and the ISP must have immaculate routing.

I have 16ms ping to Google and I am very happy with it as it has no jitter so gaming is a pleasure.

Even at 25ms with no jitter would be good to game on.

What are your base pings looking like now you have switched L-N ?

Your base ping is around the same as your last provider, but if it is staying steady at peak times and not jittering then this is why gaming will be better for you now.

Long may it last :)

Some guns kill in 4 some in 3 or some in 2 depending on how you have it set up

I use a 3 shot kill gun and I use High Caliber which make it a 2 shot kill with a head shot thrown in.

Its how you play that gives you melts or frustration.

Yeah that's true. Have different guns set up differently.

KN-44 and Man-O-War I have set up with Grip, High caliber and FMJ.

Nice go for the heads the ELO sight is good, if you chest them at close range flick the stick up and you will head melt them.

Because that is how they are melting you.

Issue:

I have my computer, PS4 & X1 on the NetDuma. When I placed the NetDuma on DMZ I had to place everything plugged in on the DMZ as well. I tried entering the IP Address, didn't work. My Modem only reads the NetDuma, not the others plugged in. Talked to ISP they couldn't figure it out. 

Also I'm not able to play with certain friends. Do I Untick Strict mode?

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

Issue:

I have my computer, PS4 & X1 on the NetDuma. When I placed the NetDuma on DMZ I had to place everything plugged in on the DMZ as well. I tried entering the IP Address, didn't work. My Modem only reads the NetDuma, not the others plugged in. Talked to ISP they couldn't figure it out. 

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

You need to disable your GF and invite friends to your party then add them to your list and re-enable GF then can always play with you.

Issue:

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

You just put the Duma in the DMZ of your Modem/Router then connect all your devices to the Duma. Give you devices a static IP and the Duma's UPNP should sort out everything, Zen should be on soon and may answer aswell as he is more up to speed on this sort of thing :). To get the IP of your Duma goto Device manager on your Duma and you should see the IP to place in your Modem/Router's DMZ:

b822a6fa9f.png

Archived