Lag Comp in CoD

davebruno

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone here has ever tried to calculate how lag comp works in CoD? I would be interested to know what they use to calculate it as it seems to vary wildly from game to game (bullet reg, hit box size, hits per kill ect)

If anyone can think of a way to test this I would be willing to help out.

I was thinking along the lines of using a xim or cronus max and setting shots to go off at the exact same time real world (though some kind of synchronized macro) you would be able to change some variables and potentially get some kind of insight.. Be interesting to know what variables they use like location, ping, bandwidth, skill based and so on.

Anyway enough of my rambling thoughts..

• Netduma Staff

There are lots of videos that explain. I found a good one that explained lag compensation on Black Ops 2. It will probably be the same for most of the CoDs.

The video is below. There are lots of other video that explain Lag comp, but I felt that this explained it the best. If you want to see others, just search "Lag Comp" into YouTube and loads come up :)

Drift0rs video is the best video to watch to understand lag comp, all the infomation in it came directly from one of the devs and doesnt contain any assumptions or misconceptions ( there's one small error in it about ping but it doesnt affect anything in the video for accuracy)

Archived