AW Emblems

I've found a little bug regarding emblems in AW on the 360

I have my geo filter settings quite tight (500 mile radius and 20ms ping) and have no problems getting into lobbies and getting good games but I've noticed every time I start up a new session my emblem is gone.  I noticed this a few days ago but thought it was an AW bug so didn't look into it any further. 

Anyway I did some testing tonight and it seems whenever I have the geo filter enabled and start a new session my emblem is gone but if the geo filter is disabled and I log in the emblem shows up ok.  I'm guessing the geo filter is blocking a server which hosts the emblem.  To be clear this happens when you first fire up AW and download your profile.  Everything else is OK stats etc.  I use xbox-live with ping assist if that makes any difference.

I'm not really bothered as my emblem is just a simple thing but I know some people spend hours making theirs so might be something to look into, (whitelist the server perhaps?)

• Netduma Staff

I've found a little bug regarding emblems in AW on the 360

I have my geo filter settings quite tight (500 mile radius and 20ms ping) and have no problems getting into lobbies and getting good games but I've noticed every time I start up a new session my emblem is gone.  I noticed this a few days ago but thought it was an AW bug so didn't look into it any further. 

Anyway I did some testing tonight and it seems whenever I have the geo filter enabled and start a new session my emblem is gone but if the geo filter is disabled and I log in the emblem shows up ok.  I'm guessing the geo filter is blocking a server which hosts the emblem.  To be clear this happens when you first fire up AW and download your profile.  Everything else is OK stats etc.  I use xbox-live with ping assist if that makes any difference.

I'm not really bothered as my emblem is just a simple thing but I know some people spend hours making theirs so might be something to look into, (whitelist the server perhaps?)

I would love to be able to do this, but the AW enforcement team were considerate enough to permanently ban be from using the emblem editor  :(

From what you have said though, it seams as thought eh GF may be blocking a server that holds some/all of the emblems on it so it can't be downloaded onto your console.

Akic you are on to something, i have noticed that just the other day.  I only played two games so i didn't bother turning on my filter and seen it was there. Later that night i logged in and played several games with filter on and noticed it was gone.  That makes sense to whats happening. At first i just thought it was AW with issues. I am on ps4 however

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Akic, 

if this is the case can you we would like to fix as soon as possible. Can you try putting your GF to include Ireland when it starts. Does this fix it? 

Hi Akic, 

if this is the case can you we would like to fix as soon as possible. Can you try putting your GF to include Ireland when it starts. Does this fix it? 

Hi Iain,

I can confirm it is definitely the case, I tried it a few times and got consistent results.

Ireland is inside my GF, these are my current settings

post-542-0-39420500-1423307805_thumb.png

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok if you don't mind can you you use the snap button restart the game & see if it works. If it doesn't use the snap again & see. Repeat this process until it works for you please. 

Then take a screenshot of your geo-filter with the setting that lets it work. Thanks!

With my home location set correctly (UK) I increased the GF in stages and the smallest distance that started working was around 5700km.  I noticed when it started to work the GF just started to include the east coast of the US, so I reset my home location to the east coast of the US with a tight GF of 500km and it still worked.

So the servers that store the emblems are one of the 3 inside the GF of the 2nd screenshot.  Hope this helps

post-542-0-78327600-1423316185_thumb.png

post-542-0-27951400-1423316190_thumb.png

I haven't seen an emblem in weeks. :(

I didn't either, but it was really random when i did/didnt. Two days ago i noticed, i have it on all weapons with the GF on now lol

Guest Netduma_Iain

ok we fixed it. Will push a cloud update to bleeding edge cloud and if everyone is happy will move to autocloud in a couple of days :)

Thanks Akic!

Archived