Slower Internet

Hey, I was wondering if I can get help with my issue. I recently bought a Netduma R1 router and I have been having a lot of fluctuation with internet speed. When I was running my Asus Router my download was at 171.02, and upload at 12.12(wired), with 14 ping. When I connected my netduma and set the settings that were advised within forums/netduma site it went down to about 120 download/12 upload(wired) with 14 ping. I was ok with that because I read that there's an update coming to resolve that, but when I used the wifi on the netduma my download went all the way down to between 40-60 and 10-12 upload. As days went by I started to experience more major fluctuations, there were times when I actually got a ping of 90 with a download of 0.21 and upload of 7. Today I disconnected my netduma and went back to my Asus until I can get this issue resolved so I can have it working consistently. I use my netduma primarily for destiny on my xbox one. Can I please get help with this issue?

• Netduma Staff

Hi Donald, welcome to the forum :)

It seams like you're probably getting the maximum speeds the Netduma on wifi. You could try using a Wifi analyser to select the best channel but I'm not sure how much that will increase it by. Another alternative would be to use an access point for the Wifi. You mentioned that you have an asus so you could connect that to the Netduma in AP mode and use it for your Wifi :)

Hi Donald, welcome to the forum :)

It seams like you're probably getting the maximum speeds the Netduma on wifi. You could try using a Wifi analyser to select the best channel but I'm not sure how much that will increase it by. Another alternative would be to use an access point for the Wifi. You mentioned that you have an asus so you could connect that to the Netduma in AP mode and use it for your Wifi :)

Would recommend exactly what Crossy has said above :)

OK I will do that, thanks. How do I fix my wired connection from fluctatuating and getting speeds as low as .21 download, etc?

• Netduma Staff

OK I will do that, thanks. How do I fix my wired connection from fluctatuating and getting speeds as low as .21 download, etc?

What device are you testing the wired connection on?

What device are you testing the wired connection on?

They shouldn't be fluctuating that much, was everyone connected to the R1 or connected to the Asus as well?

I was running modem to netduma, I would test connection both on my laptop(wired)/Xbox one(wired) and still get similar results. I would also power cycle both and still have the same issue. 

• Administrators

Heres a few things to try:

Are the anti-flood sliders on 100% when doing the wired test? 

Also reset device distribution before the test. 

Try different speed test servers.

Try with different ethernet cables if you have them.

Heres a few things to try:

Are the anti-flood sliders on 100% when doing the wired test? 

Also reset device distribution before the test. 

Try different speed test servers.

Try with different ethernet cables if you have them.

I bought new cat 6 cables before I bought the netduma. I did as was advised on the netduma site. When I would game I had the sliders at 70 and when not gaming I slide it back to 100. I port forwarded the xbox and destiny, enabled upnp, and upnp forwarding, do you think that may be the issue? At  this point I'm worn out and don't know what to do haha.

• Administrators

I bought new cat 6 cables before I bought the netduma. I did as was advised on the netduma site. When I would game I had the sliders at 70 and when not gaming I slide it back to 100. I port forwarded the xbox and destiny, enabled upnp, and upnp forwarding, do you think that may be the issue? At  this point I'm worn out and don't know what to do haha.

That is a lot of port forwarding. Port forwarding the same ports can cause conflicts. I doubt it would effect your speed to much however:

Un tick UPnP forwarding.

Would recommend deleting or at least disabling the port forwarding rules you've done for Xbox and Destiny and just let UPnP open them automatically. 

See how you get on after that, if speeds don't return lets do a 1 on 1, you can PM me

Archived