Getting really frustrated with Destiny

Hi, I've had Netduma for a few weeks and in the beginning it worked great. But since about a week ago, things just went downhill but nothing has changed on my end. 

I can enable a geofence to 3000km (I am in Aus) AND the peer ping times are great (<50ms), but

On Rumble / Controls it actually shows me as yellow or red bar. I don't believe in these bars much, but the game play is laggy as fuck. 

EVEN when it's showing me as green, the game play is as laggy as fuck. 

FYI - I have a fibre connection, 100/40M, local ping times <10ms (measured from my PS4), USA pings ~200ms. 

After a few games, I realise when Destiny spawn me into an existing games, the lag is usually worst... I know Netduma has no control over this but it may help the devs. 

I've followed all the setup guides for Destiny and it worked previously, so any advice appreciated.

(But realistically, I am getting really frustrated with Destiny,

if it's not the lag, it's shitty match making. But that's not for this forum. I am thinking of collecting all my ping stats, sorted it out by day and game type, and post it on reddit so Bungie can get a sense of how pathetic their netcode is.)

So all the pings are less than 50ms to all players?

Have any updates come out recently?

When I do the Netduma network diagnosis all the pings are amazing (<10ms).

In game it varies from 20ms to 1500ms. WITH geofence.

I am pretty sure that's because of shitty Aussie Internet.

However even with the low ping cases (<100ms) Its laggy. It's very surprising so I took notice - invincible people running around etc.

it feels as if Netduma is telling me one thing, Destiny is doing something else, there's little correlation with the ping times on the geofence screen and actual game play. This only started recently.. There was an update before Trials 2 weeks ago.

Thanks.

Hi, here it is. Not sure what extra this tells you. As stated previously, all the pings LOOK great on the graph. 

http://imgur.com/NjLJeEk

http://imgur.com/v57MXLe

I've not played consistently the last couple of days at different times. I thought the problem was because I was playing at odd hours (after midnight).

But the problem was worst when I play at 6-7pm.

The ping times on the graph looks great, but on Destiny it's red/yellow bars for most people except me (i am usually always green). And of course, they are all lagging, impossible to kill, dancing around etc. 

Note: I have a fiber connection - I am the ONLY one in my house and nothing else is using the internet. I am not even playing music on spotify. 100m/40m, just Destiny. 

It's quite vexing. when there was no lag, my KD can get up to 3.. but now it's 1 and sometimes 0.5.

I've now disabled the Geofence since it doesn't seem to improve ping, yet reduces my matchmaking base. Let me know if you guys figure something out. Thanks.

Ok, more details..

I tested my internet connection:

On my iphone - it's 90M/30M (to Aus servers i think)

On Iphone - 28M/15M to Las Vegas (where Destiny servers are)

On Computer - to Seatle USA - 42M/34M (to USA Seattle)

On PS4 - it's only showing 30M / 3.3M (guess not to aus servers)

My computer, Iphone, PS4 all connected to the internet via netduma > Fiber router. 

So why is the PS4 upload speed so much slower? Also, what should my congestion settings be then?

Ok more updates: 

On my PS4 I made the IP Address static etc. But not much changed. 

Reduced my Netduma Bandwidth to 60/20. And congestion bar to 70%. 

Results:

Again, I am getting great pings on the graph (<80ms)

Again, on Destiny it shows red bars and most importantly, it played like one. I gave up and quit midway.

Perhaps the peer ping graphs are incorrect? I am exasperated because what I am expecting from those numbers bore little resemblance to real game play.. or what I was used to previously. This is really strange. 

Oh dear - another game... this time the ping graphs were all under 30ms.. and half of the people were red barring. 

More updates - I played with another group in Aus tonight and they told me the lag has been really bad lately. It seemed to be Destiny. It was bad even in PvE (Netduma wasn't used). Wil keep you guys informed but in the meantime if my setup can be improved, do let me know. Thanks.

Archived