Prioblems Connecting

• Netduma Staff

done however it doesn't fill anything out for the router

Screen_Shot_2015_11_02_at_22_26_49.jpg

Hmm, I guess you could try pressing the reset button on the back of the router (if you do this only press it once and don't hold it down) or you could wait for Fraser and see what he says :)

Hmm, I guess you could try pressing the reset button on the back of the router (if you do this only press it once and don't hold it down) or you could wait for Fraser and see what he says :)

thats fine i'll hang fire till he pops along might have a different angle, but thanks for all the help tonight seriously appreciate it

• Netduma Staff

thats fine i'll hang fire till he pops along might have a different angle, but thanks for all the help tonight seriously appreciate it

No problem :) Probably good option to hold on just in case anything goes wrong during the factory reset.

• Administrators

Hi Robbo, could you follow this guide please http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=unbrick_router to see if you can access the interface at all. Remember to have the router isolated (just power & ethernet to your Mac, not connected to the bt hub) 

If you can make sure in settings > wan static is disabled. Double check all the settings.

Hi Robbo, could you follow this guide please http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=unbrick_routerto see if you can access the interface at all. Remember to have the router isolated (just power & ethernet to your Mac, not connected to the bt hub. 

If you can make sure in settings > wan static is disabled. Double check all the settings.

Thanks very much for the reply (everyone has been awesome thus far) I'll give this ago tonight and report back tonight

Dan

Hi Robbo, could you follow this guide please http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=unbrick_router to see if you can access the interface at all. Remember to have the router isolated (just power & ethernet to your Mac, not connected to the bt hub) 

I am afraid this hasn't worked either <sigh>

I disconnected the netduma from the bt home hub then connected the netduma to my Mac using port 2 on the netduma and it still doesn't find it via the ip address  :(

• Administrators

I am afraid this hasn't worked either

I disconnected the netduma from the bt home hub then connected the netduma to my Mac using port 2 on the netduma and it still doesn't find it via the ip address  :(

Just to be clear when you did this, you tried to access via 192.168.1.1?

• Administrators

Yeah I did, it just timed out says I've got a limited connection, would it be best making the router a static IP then try same process again?

If you can't access the interface then that's not possible. 

Can you do a factory reset please by following http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=reset

• Netduma Staff

I had a look on Teamviewer and:

1) Netduma Wifi doesn't broadcast after pressing reset button on back. After pressing reset button the Netduma beeps after rebooting but no Wifi.

2) The Wifi light doesn't show and only ports with active ethernet connections show a light.

3) Static/Automatic doesn't make a difference - can't connect to duma.

4) Duma doesn't show on the Home Hubs device manager.

So maybe there is a bigger problem if factory reseting isn't showing the Wifi and it isn't showing in the HHs device manager :)

• Administrators

Interesting, so it's definitely on and powered so not a complete brick but it's not being detected at all. My initial thought is that somehow the ethernet ports are not working at all for some reason. I know it sounds strange but can you check there is nothing inside the ports that would obstruct it/blow on it. Doubt that will do anything, may have to return it but I'll talk to the guys tomorrow, see if they have any further ideas 

Cheers Crossy!

Interesting, so it's definitely on and powered so not a complete brick but it's not being detected at all. My initial thought is that somehow the ethernet ports are not working at all for some reason. I know it sounds strange but can you check there is nothing inside the ports that would obstruct it/blow on it. Doubt that will do anything, may have to return it but I'll talk to the guys tomorrow, see if they have any further ideas 

Cheers Crossy!

Yeah I've checked and all clean, again I can't thank everyone enough

Okay can you do the thing I said before with isolating it and then when you've done that open up command prompt and type "ipconfig" what comes up?

I take it I type that in terminal? As I'm on Mac just go in to terminal and type ipconfig?

Interesting, from that it doesn't look like you're connected to the duma at all. Were you connected to the hub wifi at the time of doing that?

No I separated the netduma so only the power was connected then plugged the Ethernet cable into the Mac and into port two on the netduma, turned my wifi off so that was the only thing connected.

Archived