Dedicated servers

r8rs4lf

Is COD AW only on dedicated servers(DS)?

Just started playing that again and it seems all my games have been on dedicated servers.

Can anyone explain how there is still lag when playing on a DS getting a 30ms +/- ping with the server being less than 200 miles from me.

I remember before AW came out, everyone was asking for dedicated servers. Now they are here and it seems nothing has changed.

Does anyone know if BO3 is going to be on DS?

COD AW is probably still on some hosted boxes, but I suspect it will be moving to mostly P2P here in a couple of weeks when Black Ops 3 drops.

BO3 Beta ran on dedi's everyday (except Tuesday night before launch).

We are expecting BO3 to have dedicated servers.

No Aw is not only on dedi's,it runs P2P games also.

And yes BO3 will run on dedi's and P2P just like AW.

And the reason your lagging on a dedi is because they didn't put much effort into them and a lower player base.You gotta remember the duma can only control which dedi's you connect to,it can't control who else connects to those dedi's.So if you got 2 guys with 300 ms ping connected to that dedi it's gonna wreck your gaming experience.

And the reason your lagging on a dedi is because they didn't put much effort into them and a lower player base.You gotta remember the duma can only control which dedi's you connect to,it can't control who else connects to those dedi's.So if you got 2 guys with 300 ms ping connected to that dedi it's gonna wreck your gaming experience.

Ok, understood.

Now is there a way to get away from those servers? I know we can't rate them so we cannot add them to the allow/deny list. 

You would have to set your home and radius so that it does not include any dedis (strict mode on).  You would then use ping assist.

To clarify - With Ping Assist set to "0" - You will connect to hosts inside the Geo Filter (if at all possible).

With Ping Assist ON (any rating higher than zero) will give you the ability to connect to hosts OUTSIDE of the Geo Filter.  So, if a dedicated server has a ping of 14ms, and you have a ping assist set to 20, you will connect to that dedicated server even if it's OUTSIDE of your Geo Filter.

The one thing I'm holding my hope on is that this year Treyarch have said the matchmaking process will prioritise network quality over players skill (see below link).

You would hope in this case that there are far less cases you are gaming with players with a very high ping. AW didn't do this remember it was the other way round which is why it sucked so bad  :mellow:

http://mp1st.com/2015/10/16/black-ops-3-matchmaking-will-prioritize-network-quality-over-skill-call-of-duty-loyalty-program-announced/

The one thing I'm holding my hope on is that this year Treyarch have said the matchmaking process will prioritise network quality over players skill (see below link).

The developers will say anything I've learned over the years. I won't believe it until I see it.

Ok so I guess with the upcoming BO3, I'm going to have to find that sweet spot. Been playing with the settings a bit to get familiarized.

Thanks for the info guys.

That's a great way to get to know the duma,mess around with the settings to find out with ones work best with your area and set up... :)

Archived