Playstation 4 Not present in Host Filtering setup

Hello I just got my NetDuma router today and have upgraded the software to 1.03.4.  This is some what strange as I expected this to be plug and play but I cannot get the router to list the PlayStation 4 connected via LAN and thus cannot use the device correctly.  I have my ISP LAN cable from my wall directly connected to the PoE port on the router and only have my PC and PS4 connected and powered on.  The PS4 shows the connection is active and working on the PSN network.  Also I have a Google Fiber connection and prior to connecting this router, my previous router tested at 911mps download and 877upload, and now with the Netduma I am only showing about 60 for both.  Needless to say this is very un-desired. 

• Netduma Staff

Hello Windshear, welcome to the forum :)

First of all, can you follow this guide to get speeds up to 120Mbps. For the moment, the Netduma is the bottleneck but in the near future there will be an update to make this gigabit.

Does this guide explain how to add your PS4 to then GeoFilter?

I followed that setup and now have 120mps but is there a way to connect my PC to my previous router so I don't have such a significant bottleneck? From what I see the ISP LAN cable has to go into the Netduma router so I don't see any way to have it both ways. Also I cannot select a device in the list as it only lists my PC and a "nameless device".  The list does not look anything like the link shows it should.

• Netduma Staff

I followed that setup and now have 120mps but is there a way to connect my PC to my previous router so I don't have such a significant bottleneck? From what I see the ISP LAN cable has to go into the Netduma router so I don't see any way to have it both ways. Also I cannot select a device in the list as it only lists my PC and a "nameless device".  The list does not look anything like the link shows it should.

If you don't want the bottleneck you could connect your consoles to the Netduma then your other devices to the ISP router. This will mean that you won't be able to use all the features on the Netduma but with your speeds you probably won't need them all (like congestion control). Once the new update is released you could then change it back so everything is going through the Netduma :)

• Netduma Staff

any advice on the router not listing devices on the host filtering setup screen?

I think the 'Nameless Device' is probably the PS4. Can you confirm this by going to the device manager and making a note of the IP of the nameless device and then going to the Network settings details in the PS4 and seeing if it matches :)

Okay I have setup up my pc to connect to my previous router and have the netduma connected from that router with my ps4 being the only device connected to the netduma.  incredible that a $200 router does not support gigabit connections yet....I verified the IP address of the nameless device, and it does match the IP address in the device settings details.  The obvious problem is that the software will still not recognize the PS4 and thus the geo filter will not work.  What do we do now?

• Netduma Staff

Okay I have setup up my pc to connect to my previous router and have the netduma connected from that router with my ps4 being the only device connected to the netduma.  incredible that a $200 router does not support gigabit connections yet....I verified the IP address of the nameless device, and it does match the IP address in the device settings details.  The obvious problem is that the software will still not recognize the PS4 and thus the geo filter will not work.  What do we do now?

The GeoFilter will work. Just add the nameless device to the GeoFilter or you can rename it in the device manager (by pressing edit at the top) for your own convince of knowing which the device is. Either way the GeoFilter will still work exactly the same.

• Netduma Staff

I enabled it but I don't see it doing anything in terms of updating the screen. I setup the filter to only include the U.S. area and I am still getting players with amber an red connections in the game Destiny.

Can you make sure you are using Google Chrome to access the Netduma interface. Can you follow the setup settings here for destiny :)

ok that was part of the problem as the maps appears active now in chrome.  I manually re named the device and am reviewing the settings for destiny.  It directs me to check the bleeding edge count under cloud settings but this is in direct contradiction to the 120 mps optimum settings that directed me to un-check this box. which set of directions should I follow if I will only be using the router for my ps4?

• Netduma Staff

ok that was part of the problem as the maps appears active now in chrome.  I manually re named the device and am reviewing the settings for destiny.  It directs me to check the bleeding edge count under cloud settings but this is in direct contradiction to the 120 mps optimum settings that directed me to un-check this box. which set of directions should I follow if I will only be using the router for my ps4?

I'm not sure where you read to disable bleeding edge cloud for speeds but that shouldn't make a difference :) Follow the instructions on the Destiny setup guide and enable it :)

Okay I don't see any evidence that this geo filter is working at all.  When I go into Destiny matchmaking, I see no information posting on the host filtering screen meaning there are not yellow "!" markers identifying rejected clients nor any red boxes identifying good clients inside my selected region.  When I watch videos of other R1 owners using the filter it updates every game they play and appears live.  I don't understand what I am doing wrong here.

• Netduma Staff

Okay I don't see any evidence that this geo filter is working at all.  When I go into Destiny matchmaking, I see no information posting on the host filtering screen meaning there are not yellow "!" markers identifying rejected clients nor any red boxes identifying good clients inside my selected region.  When I watch videos of other R1 owners using the filter it updates every game they play and appears live.  I don't understand what I am doing wrong here.

Can you take a screen shot of the top of the GeoFilter page please :)

I am seeing the green circles inside the search range and the yellow "!" showing the denied players outside my ring.  But I am not seeing anything else.  I can't see the yellow ring identifying the host and I can't see any information that displays all the player pings below the large map.  Isn't there supposed to be live information here showing all the players in game and their pings?

• Netduma Staff

I am seeing the green circles inside the search range and the yellow "!" showing the denied players outside my ring.  But I am not seeing anything else.  I can't see the yellow ring identifying the host and I can't see any information that displays all the player pings below the large map.  Isn't there supposed to be live information here showing all the players in game and their pings?

You won't see a yellow circle for the host. The larges circle on the map indicates who is host. You can read this to get peer ping and this to get the ping to host to display :)

Hey I just have one more important question.  The router has been working well this weekend with the geo filter, but I can't seem to figure out how to isolate players with high lag and ping numbers in Destiny. As you know Destiny is a P2P network and unlike call of duty but I wanted to know how I can identify these players and remove them from future matches.  I can see all the player pings on the ping screen but cannot select the ones with high ping.  I am able to select the players via the map screen but that screen does not have ping settings so it makes it impossible to match the players on the map with the players on the ping screen.  Do you have any links on how to identify these players in the Destiny meta?

• Netduma Staff

Hey I just have one more important question.  The router has been working well this weekend with the geo filter, but I can't seem to figure out how to isolate players with high lag and ping numbers in Destiny. As you know Destiny is a P2P network and unlike call of duty but I wanted to know how I can identify these players and remove them from future matches.  I can see all the player pings on the ping screen but cannot select the ones with high ping.  I am able to select the players via the map screen but that screen does not have ping settings so it makes it impossible to match the players on the map with the players on the ping screen.  Do you have any links on how to identify these players in the Destiny meta?

At the moment you can't do it but it is planned in an upcoming update to be able to click the ping bars and see the host descriptor box :)

I have a new issue that has developed in the last couple days for some un-explained reason.  I am constantly getting kicked out of matches both in game and during match making with Destiny.  The error code is cited as "beaver".  I have checked the Unhp setting in the router and wanted to know if I have to go through the complicated setup of needing to establish a static IP or dmz setting.  This is not an issue when I disable the geo-filter.

• Netduma Staff

I have a new issue that has developed in the last couple days for some un-explained reason.  I am constantly getting kicked out of matches both in game and during match making with Destiny.  The error code is cited as "beaver".  I have checked the Unhp setting in the router and wanted to know if I have to go through the complicated setup of needing to establish a static IP or dmz setting.  This is not an issue when I disable the geo-filter.

Before you get kicked are there any triangle/padlocks that appear on the GeoFilter? Do you have strict mode disabled? :)

Archived