PS4 not type issues

I have installed and updated the R1 to 7. I only have a 17meg down 1meg up connection. My original router is a Netgear DGND3300 and used to have my ps4 in a DMZ and had open nat type on Cod AW. I have the netduma plugged into the netgear and set the Netduma as my DMZ and cannot get the NAT type below Moderate. This is causing issues as I know have friends who cannot join me or me them. I have set up the netgear to recognise the R1 as a DMZ and the Ps4 has auto ip. I have tried with the geofilter enabled and disabled and makes no difference.

Help please

For me with 7.b Firmware i go to settings > miscellaneous settings > tick enable upnp forwarding > reboot Netduma

This works for me with a two router set up for a open nat.

(This works without dmz'ing the duma in my billion 7800n i dont know if the same applies to your router though but you could try)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Zennon thats awesome that its working for you, that took a bit of work to get it working so I'm glad its being used :)

FireBug, have you tried disabling your geo-filter and checking the NAT type? Also what NAT type are you getting on the PS4?

Yes i found it when i updated to 7.b from pingass version it was strict or if I stopped the geo i could get moderate. I had a ratch in the settings and found it, maybe you might need to make it more known for people with a two router set up? as it works great and no need for DMZ.

Or maybe on by default?

Tried disabling geofilter.... no joy

Tried removed port forwarding on netgear router... No joy

When you say to reboot Netduma after UPNP, I assume you remove the power, wait 10 seconds or so and re-power up?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Tried disabling geofilter.... no joy

Tried removed port forwarding on netgear router... No joy

When you say to reboot Netduma after UPNP, I assume you remove the power, wait 10 seconds or so and re-power up?

In settings miscellaneous there is a button to reboot the router, or you could do that too :)

Archived