Where should I do all my port forwarding, setting of static IP's etc?

I will soon have this setup: 

Modem > Netduma > Access Point

Everything will be connected to the AP, except my games consoles which will be hooked up to the Netduma. 

Currently all my port forwarding, setting of static IP's etc are done on my modem. 

Question: should this be setup on the Modem, Netduma, AP, or all 3?

If you are going with that setup the R1 's Upnp is excellent and you really don't need to forward any ports. But if you have to do it - do it on the R1 only under Settings>Port Forwarding.

Thanks. Out of curiosity, if I were to leave my modem as is (with all the config), is it likely to mess with Netduma and possibly cause issues or does Netduma override everything upstream?

It sounds like to me that what you have is a combo (router/modem) that is the only way you would be able to set port-forwarding rules.  So you could leave your combo modem as is and place the R1 in the DMZ.

Just remeber if you put you r1 in dmz on you combo router mode to remove all of the port fowarding rules form combo modem router. To not cause any conflict.

Then if you wint to port foward some stuff on AP you have both options like Bucky sad you can use the upnp and let it automatically do that magic for you or do it manually by seting static ip and portfowarding for net duma

Archived