More Internet Problems..

So i posted here earlier about my speeds being slow which turned out just to be my internet being slow due to an outage in my area. But today my internet has been on "Limited" all day whenever i connect to my netduma. When i direct connect my xbox to my modem i get internet but if i direct connect to my laptop i still get limited. This happened in the past and a simple reboot of my modem and router fixed it but i have no clue what to do anymore. My modem is also brand new. 

how do i do that? lol sorry:p but if it means anything i tried connecting via wifi and wired and both didnt work. Also tried all of the other devices in my house aswell. None can work for the netduma and the only one that will work with my modem is the x1

• Netduma Staff

how do i do that? lol sorry:p but if it means anything i tried connecting via wifi and wired and both didnt work. Also tried all of the other devices in my house aswell. None can work for the netduma and the only one that will work with my modem is the x1

This video (assuming you're on windows) shows how to change it to an automatic IP. Can you also try restarting the Netduma.

This video (assuming you're on windows) shows how to change it to an automatic IP. Can you also try restarting the Netduma.

I was reading a past post u were helping someone else on and it said if it was obtain on auto i had to do something else.. correct? and believe me ive restarted multiple times

• Netduma Staff

I was reading a past post u were helping someone else on and it said if it was obtain on auto i had to do something else.. correct? and believe me ive restarted multiple times

The instructions in the vid show how to check that it is set to automatic :) Can you access the Netduam dashboard?

• Netduma Staff

DHCP on the LAN settings was disabled

Ok, that explains it then. In this case you actually have to connect with a  static IP. If the video is unclear then you can read this which explains how to do it. The numbers to enter are below:

IP Address: 192.168.88.50

Default Gateway: 192.168.88.1

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

DNS: 192.168.88.1

Then go back and turn on DHCP in Settings >> LAN :)

Ok, that explains it then. In this case you actually have to connect with a  static IP. If the video is unclear then you can read this which explains how to do it. The numbers to enter are below:

IP Address: 192.168.88.50

Default Gateway: 192.168.88.1

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

DNS: 192.168.88.1

Then go back and turn on DHCP in Settings >> LAN :)

did the steps and still didnt work. the 

Make sure it looks like this before you try to enable it:

d067943b2c759df5f0094703d3f01e90.png

didnt work:( do i have to reset my router? The enabling went through it is just limited still

• Netduma Staff

did the steps and still didnt work. the 

didnt work:( do i have to reset my router? The enabling went through it is just limited still

Now that the DCHP is on, try rebooting the router from Settings >> Miscellaneous and disable the Static IP on your PC.

• Netduma Staff

Still limited:( to disable the static ip i just change the thing to obtain auto correct?

Yes, thats correct. So when you set to Static you could access the Netduma dashboard but it still says limited. When you set to automatic you can't access dashboard and it still says limited. Is that correct?

Yes, thats correct. So when you set to Static you could access the Netduma dashboard but it still says limited. When you set to automatic you can't access dashboard and it still says limited. Is that correct?

no. i can access it both times. sorry for my lack of knowledge on this haha thanks for the patience 

no. i can access it both times. sorry for my lack of knowledge on this haha thanks for the patience 

i restarted my modem after everything and it ended up working:) if any more problems happens like this again ill just come back here and post thanks so muchhhhh

Archived