I dont get get host with netduma router ? FIFA and COD, PS4

Hi all,

I have noticed for the last week that i dont get host anymore since i installed the netduma? I have a cable connection 150 down and 10 up connected directly to virgin hub in modem mode. I have it setup as per the guide and disabled deep packet processing and disabled ip v6 etc.

It does seem to work as regards to not connecting me to a bad host with geo filter set at 1000km and 30 PA.

PS4 is connected via cable and also downloading seems to be very slow (ps4 only) other network devices are fine, Congestion is set to ps4 to use most of bandwidth

Can anybody help please??

This is any game mode on COD and Ultimate  team or seasons on fifa

• Administrators

Hey Ryola, welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you've got it set up pretty optimally. If downloading is slow, firstly I would ask what you're downloading, for example was it the Destiny update last night etc aka something that tons of people will be downloading at once, if so a slowdown will be expected. Also pausing and reenabling the download usually speeds it up on PS4. 

The reason you're probably not getting host anymore is that you're not available to connect to all hosts as you're filtering. So they most likely choose someone else that can connect to everyone. 

Thanks guys for the reply I tried the speedtest and could clearly see the speeds being altered up to around 100mb download so was obviously psn being overloaded.

I will try expand the filter range and see what happens, Host doesnt matter much but sometimes I get matched against what i suspect is lag switchers so I will try expand the range to more of europe and maybe set pa to 50 instead of 30 as if i get host chances are we will get a fair game  ? 

One more question too please, do I need to set bandwidth lower than recomended 70% as we often have two ps4`s in the house that will be used at the same time?(both added to list and service of psn network) 

When we are using the ps4`s nobody else really uses anything except maybe a phone or two on facebook etc so if i can dedicate more stable to the PS4 would be prefered, Any thoughts on this :)

• Administrators

Thanks guys for the reply I tried the speedtest and could clearly see the speeds being altered up to around 100mb download so was obviously psn being overloaded.

I will try expand the filter range and see what happens, Host doesnt matter much but sometimes I get matched against what i suspect is lag switchers so I will try expand the range to more of europe and maybe set pa to 50 instead of 30 as if i get host chances are we will get a fair game  ? 

One more question too please, do I need to set bandwidth lower than recomended 70% as we often have two ps4`s in the house that will be used at the same time?(both added to list and service of psn network) 

When we are using the ps4`s nobody else really uses anything except maybe a phone or two on facebook etc so if i can dedicate more stable to the PS4 would be prefered, Any thoughts on this :)

Potentially though I would say the lower ping you get the better, that may improve your chances of being host though.

70% should work just fine in that case, prioritise each console as well :) 

Thanks again for the quick reply, I will check settings tonight and see whats best for me, Overall this router has definately improved my gaming experience and eliminated lag, just want to get it configured correctly. 

Thanks

Archived