Power line plugs issues.

Hi yall, just thought I would give you a heads up if you use powerline adapters.

I have had happen 3 times in the last 2 months a few problems with them leading to me only being able to connect to the interweb via pc or PS4 on a wifi connection.

It would seem that every so often the whole network drops on lan and despite trying to connect to the home network again or syncing the plugs it does not work.

It seems that the only way to get it working again is to leave the network by holding down the sync button for about 10 seconds on all plugs, then going back to plug 1 and holding sync for 1 second and then doing the same for all other plugs on the network within 120 seconds.

I know this does not affect too many people but if it helps 1 person from ripping their hair out then its worthwhile in my book.

Cheers yall.

Hi yall, just thought I would give you a heads up if you use powerline adapters.

I have had happen 3 times in the last 2 months a few problems with them leading to me only being able to connect to the interweb via pc or PS4 on a wifi connection.

It would seem that every so often the whole network drops on lan and despite trying to connect to the home network again or syncing the plugs it does not work.

It seems that the only way to get it working again is to leave the network by holding down the sync button for about 10 seconds on all plugs, then going back to plug 1 and holding sync for 1 second and then doing the same for all other plugs on the network within 120 seconds.

I know this does not affect too many people but if it helps 1 person from ripping their hair out then its worthwhile in my book.

Cheers yall.

In my experience, powerline adapters are not that good. It heavily depends on the wiring of your home. If you have a cable connection in the room you are trying to extend your connection I would seriously consider an ethernet to coax moca network adapter.

Like this one here. http://www.actiontec.com/251.html

I always advise to use Ethernet in our repair shop even though we sell PLA's and I am doing us out of money I would rather tell the truth.

The people that do buy them usualy come back moaning or return them anyhow.

Archived