The fine line between constructive posts vs unconstructive posts

Netduma Luke

Trolling Farm is frustrated and so am I, Killer Kevo feels the same way without voicing his opinion in these threads. Not all of us are happy with the R1 at the moment. For those of you who have cool aid smiles, please keep them on your face. My frustration comes from setting my Geo-Filter to 500 Miles and ending up in games 2000 Miles away. Lag spikes are giving me nothing but hit detection, and my high speed internet is being throttled by the Call Of Duty servers. Hopefully now you understand where my frustration is coming from. Luke specifically said to keep things on a professional level, yet some of you would much rather bring Trolling Farm down instead of helping him. Is this what we've become as a community? Yes my post count is low and this is a new UserName, but I think it's perfect for the way I feel at the moment...

• Netduma Staff

Trolling Farm is frustrated and so am I, Killer Kevo feels the same way without voicing his opinion in these threads. Not all of us are happy with the R1 at the moment. For those of you who have cool aid smiles, please keep them on your face. My frustration comes from setting my Geo-Filter to 500 Miles and ending up in games 2000 Miles away. Lag spikes are giving me nothing but hit detection, and my high speed internet is being throttled by the Call Of Duty servers. Hopefully now you understand where my frustration is coming from. Luke specifically said to keep things on a professional level, yet some of you would much rather bring Trolling Farm down instead of helping him. Is this what we've become as a community? Yes my post count is low and this is a new UserName, but I think it's perfect for the way I feel at the moment...

If you're having problems with the Netduma then make a new thread. No one can help you if you don't ask for help....

If you're having problems with the Netduma then make a new thread. No one can help you if you don't ask for help....

It's not about asking for help Crossy, there comes a time when asking for help won't help. More and more people are coming out and voicing an opinion. It's only been a day since I created my thread and people want to "burn" me. But I am sure more people will say something. Look at Satan, procreate and hopefully others will come out and voice there opinion. 

Some of that is out of the Netduma's control, obviously.

Don't make the mistake of thinking this router is going to magically cure all the ills of online gaming.

The lag spikes seem to be prevalent with the beta -- and probably in the final release; let's be honest -- But that isn't something the R1 can control. That's just the infinite amount of digital infrastructure, traffic and God knows what else going on out there.

The ONLY thing the Netduma can do is try and make sure we have a BETTER online gaming experience. It can't and never will guarantee an improvement.

What you can also do as a user is just understand and accept a lot of what you listed is OUT OF YOUR CONTROL, like it or not.

Your main gripe seems to be you want the Netduma to be one thing, but that thing cannot be achieved because it never will be, IMO.

Things need to time to be done the right way. And coding can be such a time consuming matter.

I know that when I have coded small apps for Windows 98 back in the 90s (written in C++/Assembler).

The R1 works great in its current state and from my point of view there's nothing to complain about.

Anything more provided by the Netduma team should be considered as a bonus.

We need patience.  :)

One last thing and I will let sleeping dogs lay...

It's understandable some of you want certain things considering we all paid a good sum of money for the R1.

However, it's the WAY you got about asking, or requesting new features that can make or break your credibility here on the forums and in the community because rational, socially adept adults consider many possibilites and not just their own selfish needs. Children don't do that and this is the main difference between kids and adults.

I would like a better iOS, or mobile interface so I can use my iPad to control the Netduma, so I don't have to always fire up my gaming laptop for a more precise interface.

I expressed this politely, and either Fraser, or Ian, responded that is something they have as a top priority because they KNOW a lot of Netduma users would like to be able to control it via a mobile app on their phone, or tablets.

I didn't throw a hissy fit like a spoiled brat and demand the feature I wanted be done "right now!"... Because I am an adult who realizes these things take time (being a coder myself) AND because the current method works just fine for me, anyway. Having a tablet or mobile app would just be icing on the cake, but it's not required, and... I understand this when I bought the router. 

Unfortunately... I would recommend for the next update after this MASSIVE one, not to reveal until it is close to being completed. I'm tiered of companies pushing product that is remotely not complete just to please a few.I believe DUMA has don't a great job in pushing there updates at the right time and please do not change this philosophy. On the drama... say the drama for your mama...

Enough already, let's move on to some good stuff!

DB

Archived