is the new firmware coming

Rustynails

Guest Netduma Luke

How long we it be and how are people getting the beta 

We never give ETAs on software because it is so hard to predict.

We have a few brave souls, who we've nicknamed our 'canaries', who have been testing it for us. We hope to have it out soon.

Would be nice if people had the option to download the beta too 

My big fear is this, for a company that doesn't want to overwhelm their consumer base with technobabble.  Until there is a rollback function for the firmware, as soon as you jump into the pond thinking "i don't have the BEST thing" you'll find that you actually might be in a tarpit with no escape.

Guest Netduma Luke

My big fear is this, for a company that doesn't want to overwhelm their consumer base with technobabble.  Until there is a rollback function for the firmware, as soon as you jump into the pond thinking "i don't have the BEST thing" you'll find that you actually might be in a tarpit with no escape.

Exactly right. It's very unlikely we will ever make the first version of an upgrade available for public release as we would risk being overwhelmed with tech support.

Our canaries really are great people; they are prepared to tolerate a potentially buggy version and to then voluntary give their time to help us resolve any issues so the wider release is stable.  :wub:

Archived