any modem recommendations?

dominican_3niz

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/wireless-gateway-3/           

that what i have any better them this one for 75 up and 5 down

Honestly you should stay away from "Gateways" because you have a router "Netduma" you only need a modem to get Internet from your ISP. If you have Comcast go with an Aries modem. For example, ARRIS Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 or a Netgear... I wouldn't worry about the star rating really. 1 star just means that they tested it and it works & they didn't do further testing.

I was wondering do you have VOIP? Also you should just look into buying a modem for $50-$90 and over 9 months you would have paid for the modem & start saving money. Look at your bill they probably charge you 8-10 a month to use a modem of theres.

When you say settings what is your question? You will have to call Comcast or your ISP and tell them to activate your modem, it make take you a few tries because they don't like it when you have your own because they loose money.

Just call in and give them the mac and s/n. It should take like 30 min after it's all set up and flashed with the firmware from your ISP.

Or are you asking about a netduma setting?

i just bought the Arris 6183 to replace my lovely zoom modem...zoom started making a high pitched noise

I have that modem but it has some kind of bug where the signal starts to degrade and there was a lot of buffering. I would have to reboot it but after awhile it would start again.

Please let me know how it is working for you though.

I have that modem but it has some kind of bug where the signal starts to degrade and there was a lot of buffering. I would have to reboot it but after awhile it would start again.

Please let me know how it is working for you though.

I heard of this, the person would have to reboot the modem every few days 2-3 to keep the correct speeds. Something about a bad flash???

alex49h do you currently use the modem? Do you still seem to have problems & have you checked for a new firmware?

I heard of this, the person would have to reboot the modem every few days 2-3 to keep the correct speeds. Something about a bad flash???

alex49h do you currently use the modem? Do you still seem to have problems & have you checked for a new firmware?

No I don't use it anymore though I still have it. I ended up getting the Netgear CM 400. I haven't heard if Arris / Motorola sent out an updated firmware. I wish I knew because I would love to use it!

No I don't use it anymore though I still have it. I ended up getting the Netgear CM 400. I haven't heard if Arris / Motorola sent out an updated firmware. I wish I knew because I would love to use it!

Would you like to sell your modem? Depending on the price :) I live in the USA also. Do you know if the area you live in can use all 16 channels? I was thinking that maybe the bug could be to many channels that floods your network... IDK just a random thought.

Archived