connection stats

davebruno

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Dave,

The advanced "host analysis" is for PC games only I'm afraid. The basic ping feature is for console games. 

Just on the back of this I'm having issues with the connection quality through the router, I have 158mb down and 12 meg up but know there are limitations on the netduma but it seems to negatively effect my connection quite a bit and I thought it would be fine but there is a noticeable difference..

Do i set my speeds to what they are or to the netdumas max?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Davebruno

Bandwidth at that level will almost certainly make no difference to gaming at all. Have a look at the network monitor you'll see it using 0.01% of your connection when you game.

Having said that though to get the max connection have you set anti-flood to reactive. Also go on "Settings > Misc" and disable deep packet processing please. It could be an issue elsewhere though.

We have an Internet Diagnosis feature coming out in .7, however I'm holding off releasing it till our beta testers resolve their issues. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Dave,

I honestly doubt that very much just from a networking pov, not saying you're wrong but the R1 should only improve latency. How can you tell the pings without the R1, I don't think its possible right? 

Archived