NEW R3 FIRMWARE - DumaOS 4.0.290

I turned on my PC and Dumaweb took ages to load again... the same thing happened to me with v.0.290. Then I did the following: pressed the switch on the back of the R3 router so that the router turned off and then turned it back on again. The website then loaded relatively quickly. I don't know if it's supposed to be like this, but in case there's no internet connection (even though the internet is on) you can do this step.
It helps, but only as a stopgap measure.

On 5.10.2024 at 20:15, Netduma Fraser said:

Viele Leute haben eine bevorzugte Firmware, die für sie am besten zu funktionieren scheint. Falls das auch Ihre ist, kein Problem, wir arbeiten an einer neuen Firmware. Wenn Sie Early Access möchten, um die nächste Version auszuprobieren, sobald sie zum Testen freigegeben wird, lassen Sie es mich wissen.

Can you give me access to Early Access? 🙂

On 10/2/2024 at 12:20 PM, Netduma Jack B said:

Hi Everyone,

We've got a new firmware for you guys. This one is a relatively smaller changelog than the previous one as we're currently in the process of finalising a few new features that will be coming in the next firmware.

Changelog:

• COUNTRY SELECTOR
    • You can now set your Geo-Filter radius using countries through the custom Geo-Filter radius.
  • Geo-Filter 2.0 improvements
    • Improved reliability of getting games inside your radius
  • Memory usage improvements
    • Improvements made to fix issues with the UI not loading
  • Bugfix for SmartBOOST causing loss of total bandwidth speed over time.

You can install the firmware via Settings > Troubleshooting > Upload Firmware, and upload the file.

DumaOS-R3-4.0.290.sig

EDIT: We will be pushing this via the One click update over the next week or so

As soon as I made this update, I am not able to login to the admin panel, there's always new issues with your upgrades I am not sure why I still bother doing them.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, LmRegus said:

As soon as I made this update, I am not able to login to the admin panel, there's always new issues with your upgrades I am not sure why I still bother doing them.

Sorry to hear you're having a problem - your explanation doesn't have many details so I can't effectively provide suitable troubleshooting steps. Please provide more information about your issue and we can go from there.

Good day,

FYI to a Netduma Admin.
Since I updated to this version late last week, a couple times now my internet will drop/lost connection completely on all my devices (wired connection and wifi too).
If I wait it will not return on it self, so I have to reboot it manual with the power button. When it's restarted everything works again.
I only need to reboot the Netduma R3.

Hope you can fix this in the future.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, stetorx said:

Good day,

FYI to a Netduma Admin.
Since I updated to this version late last week, a couple times now my internet will drop/lost connection completely on all my devices (wired connection and wifi too).
If I wait it will not return on it self, so I have to reboot it manual with the power button. When it's restarted everything works again.
I only need to reboot the Netduma R3.

Hope you can fix this in the future.

I've given you Early Access, please try this specific firmware for disconnects and let us know if it helps https://forum.netduma.com/topic/56332-r3-disconnections/?do=findComment&comment=424833

On 10/3/2024 at 12:02 AM, Rodolfo Lima said:

Boa noite qual firmware mais recente por gentileza obg.

O meu nem entra mais nas confguraçoes ta horrivel

• Administrators
14 hours ago, bmoreirap said:

O meu nem entra mais nas confguraçoes ta horrivel

What do you see when trying to access?

3 hours ago, Rodolfo Lima said:

Por gentileza e possível limitar a largura de banda?

No not specifically, it assigns bandwidth on an as needed basis, you can adjust your priorities though so what you care about is taken care of first

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Rodolfo Lima said:

Boa tarde qual a maneira correta de atualizar o R3?

There are only two ways, using the option on the router to download it and install or the manual option by downloading the file from the first post and then uploading it to the router in the router settings. If you don't have the green icon bottom left of the interface then you'll need to do the manual option.

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, MJVH24 said:

This version is completely broken... the upload ping is 70 to 300ms... the Geofilter on all versions doesn't work... I wish I never bought this router... it doesn't do what you advertise! 

Sorry to hear you're having a problem - your explanation doesn't have many details which makes it hard for me to understand the issue, if I can't understand the issue I can't effectively provide suitable troubleshooting steps. Please provide more information about your issue and we can go from there. For example, where are you checking the ping, what about the Geo-Filter isn't working etc? If you're having issues all you need to do is make a topic for your issue and we can help.

I have to run firmware 4.0.219... just so my upload ping on Speed.net is at it's steady 10ms and I score an A+ on Waveform Bufferbloat Test   On firmware 4.0.236 averaging 75 upload ping and a C on Waveform.  On Firmware 4.0.290 the Ping Optimizer tool doesn't even optimize the Upload ping just the download and my upload ping is around 300ms. Another issue is I play Battlefield 2042 and there are servers in Ohio and in Chicago... I live in Michigan yet Netduma only connects to Norfolk, Virginia or San Jose California. Never the servers closest to me... I have to use 3rd party aps  Exitlag and Gearup booster to connect to the closest servers to me. Which in doing so... I lose my Prioritization of Gaming because those aps fall under Uncategorized the same as my girlfriend's Firestick which also classified as Uncategorized. So if I prioritize Uncategorized I'm competing for bandwidth with the FireStick.  Is there a way to force Netduma R3 to connect to the servers in Chicago and Ohio? Because they are 10 to 15ms less latency than Virginia, plus I can have my Gaming Priority. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, MJVH24 said:

I have to run firmware 4.0.219... just so my upload ping on Speed.net is at it's steady 10ms and I score an A+ on Waveform Bufferbloat Test   On firmware 4.0.236 averaging 75 upload ping and a C on Waveform.  On Firmware 4.0.290 the Ping Optimizer tool doesn't even optimize the Upload ping just the download and my upload ping is around 300ms. Another issue is I play Battlefield 2042 and there are servers in Ohio and in Chicago... I live in Michigan yet Netduma only connects to Norfolk, Virginia or San Jose California. Never the servers closest to me... I have to use 3rd party aps  Exitlag and Gearup booster to connect to the closest servers to me. Which in doing so... I lose my Prioritization of Gaming because those aps fall under Uncategorized the same as my girlfriend's Firestick which also classified as Uncategorized. So if I prioritize Uncategorized I'm competing for bandwidth with the FireStick.  Is there a way to force Netduma R3 to connect to the servers in Chicago and Ohio? Because they are 10 to 15ms less latency than Virginia, plus I can have my Gaming Priority. 

The same settings on one version won't work for every version, you may need to fine tune it. Bufferbloat only occurs when your connection is saturated, with Congestion Control enabled that can't happen so focusing on that result isn't needed. You need to select the Expert mode for Ping Optimizer to test upload. 

How do you have the Geo-Filter setup to get those closer servers?

You can prioritize the device, you don't have to just use a service.

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What do you see when trying to access?

No not specifically, it assigns bandwidth on an as needed basis, you can adjust your priorities though so what you care about is taken care of first

Pardon our mess

We have detected that some features may not have loaded correctly. You might encounter issues while interacting with DumaOS, but you can still try to use the interface. Do you want to continue to access DumaOS?

did the update through the UPDATE AVAILABLE prompt in Duma OS. Factory reset through Duma OS. Everything went smooth. Still does not detect proper 1 Gb fiber connection but not too concerned there. I set it to 900 Mbps both up and down. Ping optimizer still does exactly detect properly either, so I just manually set both down / up to 87% for congestion control with always on. Buffer bloat scores are A+. IPv6 showed up again on the Xbox after the factory reset. So far everything looks like everything is working fine.

I recommend to anyone updating the firmware to disconnect every other single device you have connected to the router except the PC. Every time I have done this, firmware updates go smoothly. When I have not, I have had to manual factory resets to get it working properly.

See I have the Geofilter on... and it connects to a server in SanJose California... I mean really? C'mon software sucks! I was duped! IF it connected to a server outside the Geofilter once and a while, I wouldn't care... but it never connects to a server inside the Geofilter! Where YOUR own Ping Heatmap clearer shows and says that CHICAGO IS THE best server for me but it never has connected to it!!!! Not once!