XR500 dropping internet often.

This isn’t the first time for this issue, my nighthawk router will work until the flashing white internet goes constant white and stops working until it reboots up . My starting DHCP server is at 50 and my devices are between .2 and .49. Any other little things that could be affecting it? It hasn’t had this problem in a couple years and nothing has changed other than firmware updates. 

• Administrators

Make sure all your devices do have a reserved IP on the router then disable the DHCP entirely on the router and see if that prevents it please. If you want to connect a new device you'll have to set a static IP on the device itself first.

• Administrators

What do you mean you have it set to get into it without internet? When it happens and while connected to the router via a wired Windows PC, open command prompt, type ipconfig press enter and then post a screenshot of the results here please.

Hi! You have hidden the ethernet information, it will be hard to help you

´This is not sensitive information... it is local DHCP´

• Administrators

Thank you, set a static IP on the PC with the following details

IP address: 192.168.1.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.1.1

DNS: 192.168.1.1

If you're not sure how to do this, you can check this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows then try accessing 192.168.77.1 please and see if it works.

Okay so gaming wise the numbers worked. When I did it on my PC. It’s connected to internet, but won’t load any websites. Says took too long to respond. Can not access 192.168.77.1

• Administrators

Ignore me. It's weird that it stops working when the light goes solid white as that means the internet is ready. How often is it happening, once per day? If you leave it for 10 minutes for example does it bring itself back to life?

Mine flickers all the time when it’s working and goes solid white when it stops or just goes out. If I leave it, it will reboot on its own, but I usually just turn it on and off. There is no consistency to it. Some days none at all, some days just once, and some days more times than normal. 

I am on version V2.3.2.134-dumaos33-rc14.

we updated to that one because it helped my updating games problem previously. 
ya it will all go white, then eventually it will reboot and the orange will go on and eventually boot back up. 

• Administrators

Do you have it connected to a power extender or direct to an outlet? If an extender please try direct to an outlet. Otherwise do you have another power adapter you could try with?