Is this a good deal for AT&T fiber ?!

@bcoe30

If you can find fiber then go fiber but if you only got coax then go with the fastest and most reasonable price...looking at that plan there's just trying to steal from you at that point 50mbs for fiber at 70 bucks they wilding?

To add it seems the fiber from AT&T 50/10 - it's actually VDSL so essentially it is what you call fake fiber you can dig a little deeper but I think that tell's you more than you need to know...just my opinion you can do your own research. 

giphy.gif

Stick with Spectrum. Also, your market have the increased upload compared to spectrum in my market. Highest is 40mbps.... you're getting 500mbps upload.
Wait until REAL fiber comes in town. But, it can be years or if ever at all.

By the way, AT&T fiber speeds STARTS at 300Mbps and up to 5000Gbps plans.

Thanks .. never had any problems with r3 and spectrum. Just was looking for fiber in my area and seemed like a 💩 deal 

1 hour ago, TrayDay said:

Stick with Spectrum. Also, your market have the increased upload compared to spectrum in my market. Highest is 40mbps.... you're getting 500mbps upload.
Wait until REAL fiber comes in town. But, it can be years or if ever at all.

By the way, AT&T fiber speeds STARTS at 300Mbps and up to 5000Gbps plans.

That’s the only deal near me for fiber with at&t

2 hours ago, bcoe30 said:

That’s the only deal near me for fiber with at&t

Trust me, I know. As it's the same for me as well.

The only option to have Fiber is to move into the city/district of fiber, then waiting on it to ever be installed.

I had Comcast coax and went with ATT fibre in my area 1G/1G.  Basically, I was paying more for less bandwidth.  It was a win win in my case.  I really wish ATT had a true modem mode though but they have IP passthrough.  But I haven't had any issues with it.  

• 3 weeks later...

If you have a 500 Mbps down/up with Spectrum, you are already on their fiber network. As someone else already said, AT&T fiber starts at 300 Mbps down / up. If it is slower than that from AT&T, than it's either over coax or VDSL in other words, copper.