question about lan cables

I set up my network with cat8 I would like to know if it would cause any delay in the connection with my ps5 obs my ps5 also uses cat8

Before you buy something next time you need to understand how it works a cat 8 is pretty much pointless as you'll never even exceed those speeds only enterprise users need it and no it will not cause any delay as it just pass-through internet cable with the the biggest throughput.

5 hours ago, Binhu said:

I set up my network with cat8 I would like to know if it would cause any delay in the connection with my ps5 obs my ps5 also uses cat8

Hi !

Cat5e can manage 10 Gbps over 1 to 2 meters...

Knowing that the R3 can manage 1 Gbps is quite sufficient.

The only thing you need to check is the shielding of the cable 😉, avoid taking overpriced cables because it won't change anything. Standard will do (there are reference marks on Amazon).

I favor Cat6a because I have a 10 Gbps local network (no problem over 15 meters).

Cat7 or 8 is just dust in the eyes for individuals. Companies or the Stock Exchange use fiber to transmit their data.

Thanks for the tip, I ordered the cat6a ones with shielding on Amazon, I had installed the cat8 cables because I also use a 10g network, but on the PS5, even though I had a low ping, I felt a small delay, I had read on some websites that it could be due to the incompatibility of the cable, thank you very much.