Did Activision blocked the GeoFilter from DumaOS Routers?

Hi,

I know this is a weird question, I live in Australia and I usually use the GeoFiler to play in USA with my friends over there and I usually get like 150-180ms compared to 220-280ms I could get from them if they host the game.

Today I was playing with them and in one game we lost the connection to the server and suddendly I couldn't find any more games in USA from Australia.

Usually when I start searching for a match, instead of telling me the lowest ping I get in Australia, it would show me "searching < 150ms" which is the best ping I could get, but after that server disconnection from today I can only search in Australia (it would say "searching < 20ms").

I play from PC and my GeoFilter device is set to Call of Duty, the one that says Call of Duty-PC doesn't let me filter.

Is this happening to someone else? or can someone advise what to do to make it work again?

Thanks!

• Administrators

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works.

Hey mate,

I tried your steps, they didn't work.

Is there something else I could try?

I will reinstall the game, I don't think it won't make a difference, but I will give it a try.

Hi, apparently the geo filter is blocking the servers that are inside the polygon when the game is coming in to a game it says connecting and does not enter and the pin recount is put back on. I've tried it with the XR 500 router and the R3, Apparently it's a Geo Filter error....  When the game finds a match, it marks the server inside the polygon without a problem but does not connect, I also tried connecting it to the server in Texas and then to the one in Miami and same result i think the cloud need a update... @Netduma Fraser

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Klaox said:

Hi, apparently the geo filter is blocking the servers that are inside the polygon when the game is coming in to a game it says connecting and does not enter and the pin recount is put back on. I've tried it with the XR 500 router and the R3, Apparently it's a Geo Filter error....  When the game finds a match, it marks the server inside the polygon without a problem but does not connect, I also tried connecting it to the server in Texas and then to the one in Miami and same result i think the cloud need a update... @Netduma Fraser

Use the Simple radius instead, does it work as expected then? 

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing please?

@Netduma Fraser I don't remember adding that server in Australia, however, I did tried reinstalling the game, factory reset for the router, it worked for 2 matches and then again when I tried to find another game it stopped ignoring my USA radious with the California server allowed to start searching for matches again in Australia.

Not sure what's going on, I have been doing this since Rebirth from WZ1, and then suddenly after I got disconnected to that match it stopped filtering.

By the way, I'm not banned or something like that, I still can play normally, it's only the GeoFilter that seems like it's not working

@Netduma Fraserthis server is showing as allowed and I don't have it on my list, I only have USA servers allowed for the moment, to get the better ping when I play there with my friends.

As you can see that's not Australia, however, it shows 30ms ping.

It's out of the filter area, in a wrong location on the map and also incorrectly showing as an allowed server.

Wrong server.jpg

• Administrators

That one will be an authentication server but thanks for the ID I will get that moved. I wonder if because it's connecting you to the close auth server whether that is overwriting the settings that you want to play in the US - obviously there will a big ping difference which is probably why it is happening. You shouldn't be able to but if you try to deny that server does it work?

No worries mate.

If I Deny it, the game basically won't connect (not even to the lobby, I would say I have been disconnected from the servers), but it seems like it's forcing it to connect to Australia, which is fine when I play here, but when I was using it to get better ping in USA (usually connecting to WZ California Servers) it would let me search for lobbies there, now the matchmaking all the time starts searching with my Australian ping. I knew GeoFilter was working because when I would start searching for a match it would say "searching for a game < 160ms" (sometimes it could be more, check the screen capture, obviously it would depend on which USA server it would connect).

And this happened las Thursday, I was playing with my friends overseas, then the lobby got laggy and disconnected us, from there I wasn't able to use GeoFilter to point to USA

geofilter ping.png

• Administrators

Interesting, as you know the purpose of the router isn't to get you servers far away but I'd suggest trying this:

1. Keep that server fully denied
  2. Set Geo to USA
  3. Unplug the router from power for 10 minutes
  4. Plug in, wait 2 minutes then try searching in for a game, does it allow you to connect?

Oh yeah, I understand it's meant to be used to get better ping, which in some way is what I'm trying to do but in another region when I play overseas with friends, but I get what you mean.

Also I did a 3 days trial with ExitLag (without GeoFilter), just to check and connected to the servers I was using before, so it's weird that suddenly it's not letting me use it with my router.

I will give it a try later and will let you know.

Thanks for your help mate.