Setup - Static IP DNS Option

When setting up and using static IP option I only have option to set IP and Subnet.

The DNS input field is missing and the rest of the setup cannot continue properly due to lack of a DNS being configured and all additional setup steps have to be skipped.

During initial setup, no internet connection is detected because I have a static IP from provider.

I must enter "Advanced WAN Settings" and manually input my ip and the subnet, it does not have an option to input a DNS server to configure.

I then have internet, but no dns lookups can be performed due to lack of DNS configuration in router thus no websites/speed test work.

All additional steps "Speed Test", "Ping Optimizer" must be skipped because they don't work (No DNS).

After setup I have to go to Settings -> WAN -> Advanced -> DNS Override and manually set my DNS servers that were left blank during setup due to lack of option to set.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 121911.png

Screenshot 2024-04-25 121952.png

I've recently purchased a NetDuma R3 and loving the geo-filter features so far. However, I'm really surprised at the lack of basic settings this router is missing. For example, when you go to DHCP settings, you can set the DHCP range, but you cannot define a custom DNS IP address. 

Also, under the advanced LAN settings, there's only one toggle to enable IPv6. There isn't much for customization. For example, I'd like to set a static IP address for my DNS and not have the utilize my router as the DNS resolved for my devices.

Thanks!

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, EduardoZ said:

I've recently purchased a NetDuma R3 and loving the geo-filter features so far. However, I'm really surprised at the lack of basic settings this router is missing. For example, when you go to DHCP settings, you can set the DHCP range, but you cannot define a custom DNS IP address. 

Also, under the advanced LAN settings, there's only one toggle to enable IPv6. There isn't much for customization. For example, I'd like to set a static IP address for my DNS and not have the utilize my router as the DNS resolved for my devices.

Thanks!

DNS is in Advanced WAN Settings. What do you mean a static IP for DNS?

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, EduardoZ said:

When you browse to settings>DHCP, and click advanced, there isn't a section to specify a custom IP address for your DNS. It will always default to the router

You change DNS in Advanced WAN Settings, you don't need to use the router address