Very high upload jitter

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone is able to assist.

i'm experiencing quite high upload jitter regardless of my QoS settings. 

Download jitter seems to be great (1.2ms loaded) but my upload is 30ms plus, sometimes spiking over 50ms.

Not sure if this is just an ISP issue, but i'm with virgin media in the UK

Thank you for your help.

Oh and the netdumaOS version i'm on is V2.3.2.134

image.thumb.png.1cf194a505ca339e14e585da740f9e57.png

Edited by Tom123
edit

Have you tried going lower than 50% on the upload and check if it still gets saturated?

Note you have to apply always and disable speed test bypass to get accurate results.

I've tried below 50% yeah.

And click always on the QoS on netduma? I can't see an option anywhere for disable speed test bypass

• Administrators

For testing Always should be selected on Congestion Control, you can ignore the speed test bypass that's for the R3.

Start with a high value such as 95% then go down in 10% increments until you get to a good result then try 5% either side of that to see if it can be fine tuned anymore

@Tom123Also make sure your connected through Ethernet read buffer bloat instructions another thing to add it may also just be server related issue so it not 100% accurate to get  something near 100% accuracy you need to use something like ping plotter to diagnose network live plus it gives you more in depth data about your connection and if it an ISP issue your able to use it to make a report on them.

I think it is an ISP issue, few hours ago i heard there's intermittent issues in my area.

I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Thanks for your help

Will do.

Another question for you guys.

Is there any point in upgrading my router and if so is there any you'd recommend?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Tom123 said:

Will do.

Another question for you guys.

Is there any point in upgrading my router and if so is there any you'd recommend?

That's very subjective, it depends entirely on what you want, do you want newer software and AX WiFi for example? If you did then after the next update is out I'd say the R3.

Newer software yes and better wifi capability would be good also as there's always issues with wifi in my house even though we have good speeds.