Doubt about lastest beta FWs on XR500

Hi, I wanted to know if it's safe to upgrade my XR500 currently on the 2.3.2.56 version, which is pretty old, but for now the router has no issues from what I can tell. I'm having some lagging on games but not sure if there's a bug or what it is, while when I see the bandwidth consume, is low. So that's why I wanted to know if is worthy to upgrade some new version you guys know, and if it has no issues at all, since I'm seeing only beta FWs. Security isn't that relevant to me, but performance and bug fixes, sure.

What do you think? THANKS!

V2.3.2.56
V2.3.2.56
V2.3.2.56

• Administrators

Sounds like you might need to re-adjust Congestion Control potentially for that lag. If you want all the latest features then I would say so, you're on DumaOS 2 when you have the opportunity to be on 3.3 with the beta so it will have some more features

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sounds like you might need to re-adjust Congestion Control potentially for that lag. If you want all the latest features then I would say so, you're on DumaOS 2 when you have the opportunity to be on 3.3 with the beta so it will have some more features

I understand, but I've been reading comments on that update and it doesn't look that good, I mean, there's a lot of bugs it seems. What is the lastest and more reliable update on this router? Preferable not a beta. Thanks btw.

• Administrators

If you're concerned about bugs then I would say, if it's not broken don't fix it and stay on your current version. It's not NG official, it's one we have done. The latest firmware will generally be the most stable.