This router has actually SAVED me money!!!!!

rvndo

Hello, my name is Rvnd0 and I like RGB lighting and troubleshooting routers that are half programmed......  It is a beautiful light spectrum that I am currently looking at and wondering if its worth keeping my spectrum internet...... See what I did there...... gather around fellow beta testers, back before we had internet we used to gather around a fire and tell stories... you don't really need youtube do you?  I mean, you've got pretty light and plenty of speculation about whether there is or is not firmware on its way.  Cancel your internet and then in a couple months the Duma 4 RGB lighting will be paid off and and you will be saving money each months on your internet bill.  I'm also going to cancel my cell phone bill, because if these CPU's keep running at 100 percent and I don't do the obligatory reboot each week, they will get hot enough for me to communicate with people using smoke signals.  This router has actually saved me money!!!!!!!!

I hope I at least made someone smile.  This router has been an awful lot like life in general in that it promised so much and came up a bit disappointing...  I'm just trying to smile through it.

@rvndo this is all new technology and obviously there will be bugs here and there. But I’m sure the Netduma team are working very hard behind the scenes to get everything sorted. I’d prefer them to take their time and come out with quality updates, rather than rushing and have lots of small ones but this is only my opinion.

9 hours ago, ChrisG82 said:

That's sarcasm, right? WiFi is not a new technology and yet the R3 has massive bugs there. Routers themselves have been around for decades and yet the R3 has bugs in standard functions.

I think that far fewer people would be writing here if bugs were only present in functions that make the R3 truly unique, such as the geofilter, the ping optimiser and so on. However, the R3 currently also has problems with simple standard functions that have existed with every other manufacturer for decades.

Nobody here wants to badmouth the R3. But unfortunately, Netduma really wanted to have the R3 on the market before the 2023 Christmas season. I think it would have done the R3 more than good to simply delay the market launch by six months in order to eliminate the aforementioned bugs or finalise the advertised features so that they are actually available on release...

Yes.  The irony, is the only current value of the purchase right now for me.  If I don't have a sense of humor about it I just feel bad.  It was rushed and unfinished and the company is unwilling to admit that.  Poor Fraser is left to have all these people vent in this forum.  The added pain is that the advertising never mentions that this is cutting edge attempts at a technology that Net Duma "hopes will one day work".  They have yet to accomplish it.  AND when the router works as hoped and advertised, its only in a limited way and it is not even repeatable.  So many posts by people who are asking, "why did it stop working the same when I changed nothing?"

AND the advertisements never clue the buyer into the fact that a minimum of a 101 college level knowledge of networking is needed to even begin to understand what the router is "trying" to do and how you have to constantly adjust it for it ever to work as hoped.  It all comes down to false advertising and people who bought the product are still holding on to hope that it someday may work as advertised..... 

@cljackhammer

I don't think we'll have to wait much longer for the new firmware. Last Saturday @Netduma Fraser posted a changelog. I suspect we will get the new firmware within the next 2-4 weeks.

Here is the post: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/54660-in-1-week-it-will-be-2-months-without-any-new-firmware-and-there-are-so-many-bugs-and-problems-still-unresolved/?do=findComment&comment=405292

6 hours ago, ChrisG82 said:

@cljackhammer

I don't think we'll have to wait much longer for the new firmware. Last Saturday @Netduma Fraser posted a changelog. I suspect we will get the new firmware within the next 2-4 weeks.

Here is the post: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/54660-in-1-week-it-will-be-2-months-without-any-new-firmware-and-there-are-so-many-bugs-and-problems-still-unresolved/?do=findComment&comment=405292

Hopefully we do